Picture St. Marys
Downtown St. Marys


Records

Results

We found
46
matching items
Geographic Location
St. Marys
  
Groups
Downtown St. Marys
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Beattie's storefront and staff during Old Boy's Reunion - July 19, 1899
    Imagemystery       Photo of the A. Beattie & Co. storefront, with the staff all standing out front. This photo was taken July 19, 1899 during the Old Boys' Reunion. The people have been identified as: J.D. Stanley, G. Sutherland, Geo. Ross, Miss Lovell, M. Delmage, A.J. Lovell, Harry Robinson, Etta _________, Jas. ...
    Imagemystery     Photo of the A. Beattie & Co. storefront, with the staff all standing out front. This photo was taken July 19, 1899 during the Old Boys' Reunion. The people have ...
  • Maclean's Drugstore
    Image       Taken June 5th, 1890 Mr. W.N. Ford - Town Mr. Wm Gordon - London Wm Maclean - Town Milton McIntyre - Town From Right to Left Taken in St. Marys Ont
    Image     Taken June 5th, 1890 Mr. W.N. Ford - Town Mr. Wm Gordon - London Wm Maclean - Town Milton McIntyre - Town From Right to Left Taken in St. Marys ...
  • Maclean's Drugstore
    Imagemystery       On back: Young Man - John McLarkey on John's left ? Below step Alex Maclean Store Next door Dave Robertsons Jewelry on Gum Machine: O'PECHEE CHEWING GUM Drop in One Cent
    Imagemystery     On back: Young Man - John McLarkey on John's left ? Below step Alex Maclean Store Next door Dave Robertsons Jewelry on Gum Machine: O'PECHEE CHEWING GUM Drop in One ...
  • Fred Hutton's Store with Tom Egan and Sam Bartlett
    Imagecomment       Fred Hutton’s Store; Tom Egan, Fred Hutton, Sam Bartlett in apron
    Imagecomment     Fred Hutton’s Store; Tom Egan, Fred Hutton, Sam Bartlett in apron
  • Maclean's Drugstore
    Image       See description for names.
    Image     See description for names.
  • Whyte Packing Co. Butchers
    Image       Miss Ida King – Book keeper Mr. Morrissey – Manager – about 1920
    Image     Miss Ida King – Book keeper Mr. Morrissey – Manager – about 1920
  • Downtown bowling lawns, ca. 1910
    Imagecomment       Label on back: Bowling lawns on site of present Salvation Army Citadel, Queen Street E. Photo taken c. 1910.
    Imagecomment     Label on back: Bowling lawns on site of present Salvation Army Citadel, Queen Street E. Photo taken c. 1910.
  • Fire hall and house
    Image       Photo of the Fire Hall and the house next to it which were once located on Water Street South. Buildings can be seen on either side with people all around in front (as well as a horse and carriage) and children are even seen off to the side. The little ...
    Image     Photo of the Fire Hall and the house next to it which were once located on Water Street South. Buildings can be seen on either side with people all around ...
  • St. Marys Journal
    Image       Photo of the outside of the Journal newspaper's building. Lorne Eedy and Gus Woods are inside the office and can be seen through the windows. This building is located at 142 Queen Street East in St. Marys. It is now the home of the Chocolate Factory, but for many years ...
    Image     Photo of the outside of the Journal newspaper's building. Lorne Eedy and Gus Woods are inside the office and can be seen through the windows. This building is located at ...
  • View of storefront located somewhere on Queen Street, ca. 1890
    Imagemystery       Photo of three people standing outside of a store with 2 large 9-pane window (possibly two separate stores in one building?). It is guessed that this store would have been located on the south side of Queen Street East between Wellington Street and Church Street.
    Imagemystery     Photo of three people standing outside of a store with 2 large 9-pane window (possibly two separate stores in one building?). It is guessed that this store would have been ...
  • Frank Garuse Imported and Domestic Fruits
    Image       Photo of five people standing outside a store. The window reads "Frank Garuse's Imported and Domestic Fruits."
    Image     Photo of five people standing outside a store. The window reads "Frank Garuse's Imported and Domestic Fruits."
  • Tommy Farr, Frank Smith and David Farr
    Image       Photo of three men posed together downtown St. Marys. They are identified as (from left to right): Tommy Farr, Frank Smith and David Farr.
    Image     Photo of three men posed together downtown St. Marys. They are identified as (from left to right): Tommy Farr, Frank Smith and David Farr.
  • Jack Sgariglia sitting outside his fruit store talking with a boy
    Image       Photo of Jack Sgariglia sitting outside his store (99 Queen Street East) talking with a boy. Both are in shirts and ties with aprons tied at their waists.
    Image     Photo of Jack Sgariglia sitting outside his store (99 Queen Street East) talking with a boy. Both are in shirts and ties with aprons tied at their waists.
  • Two views of Queen Street during a parade
    Imagecomment       Two photos of a parade going down Queen Street provide some details of businesses on the north side of the street between Church and Wellington Streets. Photo A shows the HMCS Kirkton crew parading down the street. Identifiable businesses include A.H. Lofft & Co. - the sign can be seen ...
    Imagecomment     Two photos of a parade going down Queen Street provide some details of businesses on the north side of the street between Church and Wellington Streets. Photo A shows the ...
  • Interior or Parsons Fair Store, St. Marys
    Image       Photo of the interior of Parsons Fair Store that was once located in St. Marys. This photo was taken sometime before 1915. The photo shows many goods including kitchen and dining items. A few people can be seen near the back of the store.
    Image     Photo of the interior of Parsons Fair Store that was once located in St. Marys. This photo was taken sometime before 1915. The photo shows many goods including kitchen and ...
  • Paving of Queen Street, 1920s
    Imagemystery       Photo of a man and a woman standing in front of a pavement flattening machine. This photo would have been taken in the 1920s when Queen Street was first paved.
    Imagemystery     Photo of a man and a woman standing in front of a pavement flattening machine. This photo would have been taken in the 1920s when Queen Street was first paved.
  • Interior of the F.W. Hutton Store, Queen Street, ca. 1904
    Imagecomment       Photo of the interior of F.W. Hutton's store located on Queen Street East (109/113 Queen Street East). Many dry good products can be seen in the photo as well as a man standing behind a counter and a man standing in the aisle. You can now find two businesses located ...
    Imagecomment     Photo of the interior of F.W. Hutton's store located on Queen Street East (109/113 Queen Street East). Many dry good products can be seen in the photo as well as ...
  • W. Moyes Carriage Works, 1890
    Imagemystery       Photo of men all standing outside of W. Moyes Carriage Works. In front of the men is a carriage posed on the sidewalk. Two of the men are identified: William Moyes is on the far right with Robert Stewart standing beside him with the beard. This shop was located at ...
    Imagemystery     Photo of men all standing outside of W. Moyes Carriage Works. In front of the men is a carriage posed on the sidewalk. Two of the men are identified: William ...
  • Exterior of Tovell Music Store, ca. 1910
    Image       Photo of a horse and buggy sitting outside a frame building identified as Tovell's music store. A group of men are standing in front of the store with a couple people sitting in the buggy. The buggy has W.M. Tovell painted on it as well as a brand of pianos ...
    Image     Photo of a horse and buggy sitting outside a frame building identified as Tovell's music store. A group of men are standing in front of the store with a couple ...
  • Commemorating of historical plaque at Town Hall - June 12, 1966
    Image       Text on plaque: FOUNDING OF ST. MARYS When opening Blanshard Township for settlement in 1839, the Canada Company made an arrangement with Thomas Ingersoll, a brother of Laura Secord, to build mills at "the Little Falls" of the THames. In 1841-43 he erevted a sawmill and a grist-mill and in ...
    Image     Text on plaque: FOUNDING OF ST. MARYS When opening Blanshard Township for settlement in 1839, the Canada Company made an arrangement with Thomas Ingersoll, a brother of Laura Secord, to ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Downtown St. Marys


Various views of the downtown core.