Fair Day or Victoria Day Celebration in 1889 or 1891 - RV0008
- Mystery Question
- What was the real occasion that was being celebrated?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The building in the foreground is still standing today (April 30, 2010) now located at the corner of HWY 141 & Victoria Street West. Celebration is unknown, but we think that it might be the Victoria day holiday in May either 1889 or 1891.
Note the lack of trees in the area due to the heavy logging of the area because according to the free land grant the settlers had to clear the land in order to keep it.
Book 1 - page 13 -
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.2584 Longitude: -79.64134
- Dorothy E. Coate / Sheila (McCans) Smith
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Rosseau Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
PO Box 268