Interview - Mrs. Mabel Hunter
- Listen to the Mrs. Mabel Hunter Interview Here
- Mabel Hunter, Interviewee
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This audio is from a recorded interview with Mrs. Mabel Hunter of Petawawa, Ontario. The interview covers a range of topics including the military life at Camp Petawawa and Mrs. Hunter's work as a telephone operator. Mrs. Hunter was born in 1900, moved from England to Alice Township in 1919 and then to Petawawa in 1920.
- Use the following guide to search out certain topics in the interview .
00:17 Moving to Alice/Petawawa Townships
00:30 Working as telephone operator
01:10 Relocation and meeting husband
02:06 Working at military base
02:40 Transportation to Pembroke by train
03:10 General living conditions
05:08 Military camp
05:50 Roads and transportation
06:00 Living at the military camp
07:07 Electricity 1939
08:50 Working as telephone operator
11:20 General living conditions
15:00 Hotels and recreation
16:01 Abrupt end of interview.
This audio has been edited to remove long pauses and silences to decrease playing time.
- Date of Original
- July 21, 1982
- Date Of Event
- Playing Time
- Local identifier
- Len Hopkins Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.8941466241802 Longitude: -77.2653070788574
- Recommended Citation
- Interview - Mrs. Mabel Hunter. [Audio] 1982. Petawawa Public Library Digital Collection. Insert URL Accessed: Insert date.
- Petawawa Public LibraryEmail