Interview - Mrs. Clara Teshner
- Listen to the Teshner Interview Here
- Clara Teshner, Interviewee
- Donna Bowes, Interviewer
- Mr. Teshner, Interviewee
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This audio is from a recorded interview with Mrs. Clara Teshner of Petawawa, Ontario. Discussions of the cottages and local families on the Petawawa Point as well as discussions of working and living in times of depression. The interviewer shows some pictures to the interviewees. At the end of the recording, the interview abruptly switches to an interview with unknown parties.
- Use the following guide to search out certain topics in the interview.
00:00 Introduction, Moving to Petawawa
00:20 Local Families
01:10 Schools (S.S. #3 Petawawa)
06:25 Family life in the Bush
10:15 Working as Housekeeper
13:35 Working at Pembroke Hotel
16:10 Life in the Depression Era
20:20 Petawawa Point
20:30 Interviewer showing pictures to Interviewees
22:13 Tape Changes Sides
22:14 Continued discussion of pictures
*section deleted at request of Interviewee*
30:00 Abrupt change to interview with unidentified individuals, discussion of teaching, Petawawa locals and hunting.
This audio has been edited to remove long pauses and silences to decrease playing time.
- Date of Original
- August 2, 1982
- Date Of Event
- circa 1910-1982
- Playing Time
- Local identifier
- Len Hopkins Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.90012 Longitude: -77.33277
- Recommended Citation
- Interview - Mrs. Clara Teshner. [Audio] 1982. Petawawa Public Library Digital Collection. Insert URL Accessed: Insert date.
- Petawawa Public LibraryEmail