Interview - Mr. Peter White
- Listen to the Peter White Interview here.
- Peter White, Interviewee
- Donna Bowes, Interviewer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This audio is from a recorded interview with Mr. Peter White who spent nearly every summer of his life vacationing at a cottage on the Petawawa Point in Petawawa, Ontario. Mr. White discusses his family history, working in the lumber camps, local families of Petawawa and life near the military facility, CFB Petawawa.
- Use the following guide to search out certain topics in the interview .
00:16 Family history
01:00 Working for Lumber companies
01:42 Cottages at Petawawa Point
04:18 Pembroke Lumber Company
04:48 Changes in the area
06:45 Log driving on the Petawawa River and conditions of the river
11:20 Transcanada Highway and transportation
17:37 Hotels and dance halls
20:30 Laundry in the Petawawa River
28:11 CFB Petawawa
32:00 Recreation and dances
34:20 General Stores: Giesebrecht's and Selkirk's
This audio has been edited to remove long pauses and silences to decrease playing time.
- Date of Original
- August 20, 1982
- Date Of Event
- Playing Time
- Local identifier
- Len Hopkins Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 45.8941466241802 Longitude: -77.2653070788574
- Recommended Citation
- Interview - Mr. Peter White. [Audio] 1982. Petawawa Public Library Digital Collection. Insert URL Accessed: Insert date.
- Petawawa Public LibraryEmail