49th Regiment of Foot, Button c.1802-1814
- Media Type:
- The button is made of metal, possibly pewter and measures 2 cm in diameter. The face of the button has the number “49” raised in the center.
The 49th Regiment of Foot came to Canada in 1803 and was the Regiment under the command of Isaac Brock previous to his appointment in 1810 as the Major General. The 49th was then led by Major General Sir Roger H. Sheaffe and later Brigadier-General John Vincent. The regiment participated in battles at Frenchman’s Creek and Salmon River, York, Fort George, Queenston Heights, Beaver Dam, Black Rock and Crysler’s Farm.
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Falls History Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Falls History Museum for any reproductions of this image.
Niagara Falls History Museum