Glengarry Light Infantry Cross Belt Plate c.1812-1816
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- This is a square cross belt plate of the Glengarry Light Infantry, a Canadian Provincial Corps. It has a scotch thistle in the centre with “GLENGARRY LIGHT INFANTRY” inscribed around it.
The Glengarry Light Infantry participated at the following engagements: Salmon River, Ogdensburg, York, Fort George, Sackett’s Harbour, Oswego, Lundy’s Lane, Fort Erie, Lyon’s Creek and Cooks mills. They were authorized to wear “Niagara” on their colours and were disbanded in 1816. Commanding officers included: Francis Battersby (July 1812- December1814), Thomas Bunbury (January – February 1815)
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.00012 Longitude: -79.24958
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Falls History Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Falls History Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Falls History MuseumEmail