103rd Regiment of Foot Button
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- This is a 103rd Regiment of Foot button. There is a raised crown on top of the number “103”. There is a crack across the lower left side and no shank on the back. The 103rd was raised in 1805 and fought at the Battles of Lundy’s Lane (July 25, 1814), Sackett’s Harbour (May 29, 1813), Plattsburg (September 11, 1814) and Fort Erie (August 15, 1814). They were authorized to have “Niagara” included in their colours and were disbanded at Chehnsford on October 24th, 1817.
- Date of Original
- c. 1812
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.10012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Battle Ground Hotel Museum
- Please contact the Battle Ground Hotel Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Falls History MuseumEmail