Niles Weekly Register No.24 of Vol. VI, Whole No. 154- August 13, 1814
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A weekly military newspaper.
The front page discusses Brigade Orders at Chippawa July 10, 1814.
Page 402: discusses a British Official account of the Battle of Chippawa, including those killed, wounded and missing as well as the names of officers killed and wounded.
Page 403: from the Ontario Messenger which provides an account and plan of the attack of the Battle of Chippawa, complete with a sketch from a correspondent who was an eye witness.
Page 410: from the National Intelligence which lists the promotions and the names of those awarded in the Niagara Campaign.
Page 411: has copies of letters from General Brown to the Secretary of War, dated at Queenston, July 22, 1814.
Page 412: from the Buffalo Gazette Extra, dated July 28, 1814, discussing the Battle of Bridgewater (Battle of Lundy's Lane). It is an account of the battle which continues on pages 413-415.
- H. Niles
- Place of Publication
- Baltimore, South st
- Date of Publication
- 13 Aug 1814
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.00012 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Falls History Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Falls History Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Falls History MuseumEmail