Land Grant to William Lundy- 1805
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The lands grant to William Lundy, a Quaker of the Township of Stamford, County of Lincoln in the District of Niagara for 150 acres; Lot 140 and the west half of Lot 141. This property abutted with Joanna Silverthorn, who is possibly an in-law to William Lundy. During the War of 1812, it is believed that this area was the site of the Battle of Lundy’s Lane.
Much of the writing has become faded and is illegible. There are two dates on the grant: January 6 1796 and entered with the Auditor November 20th 1805. The grant is made of sheepskin and measures 17.5 x 35 cm.
The seal (998.D.007.001) is made of wax and measures 11.3 cm in diameter. There is an anchor and sword within a cornucopia and a crown on top. The reverse bears the royal arms as used from 1714- 1801.
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Falls History Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Falls History Museum for any reproductions of this image.
Niagara Falls History Museum