Portrait of Jacob Brown- 1862
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a print of a portrait of Jacob Brown. At the bottom it states “From the original painting by Chappel in the possession of the publishers Johnson Fry & Co., Publishers. New York. Entered according to an Act of Congress AD 1862 by Johnson Fry & Co. in the clerks office of the district court for the southern district of N.Y.”
Majro General Brown was the Commanding Officer at the Batttles of Sackets Harbor, Chippawa, and Lundy's Lane.
- Johnson Fry & Co., Publishers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.10012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Falls History Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Falls History Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Falls History MuseumEmail