Portrait of C.B. Edwards, London, Ontario
- Cooper, Frank, 1845-1914, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white portrait of C.B. Edwards.
- This is an undated cabinet card photograph taken by Frank Cooper, probably around 1903 when C.B. Edwards was city clerk.
C.B.(Clarence Bartlett)Edwards was born in Burgessville, Oxford County on January 26, 1862 and died in London on November 1, 1921. He came to London in 1891 as a teacher and later principal of St. George's public school. He went on to teach at London Collegiate Institute but resigned to serve as city clerk for a brief time from 1902 to 1904. He became inspector of public schools in 1904.
The photographer's imprint appears on the front of the card beneath the photograph.
There are handwritten inscriptions on the back.
- Front - F. Cooper London
Reverse - [C.B. Edwards] [Same picture in Scrapbook 17 - p.12 under title: London's Civic Dept Heads] [City Clerk succeeding Chas A. Kingston]
- Date of Original
- ca. 1903
Width: 10.7 cm
Height: 15.9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 9.7cm
Image Height: 13.9cm
- Local identifier
- Frank Cooper Photograph
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.9836319988863 Longitude: -81.2492823600769
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG E80
- London Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9