Portrait of an unidentified seated woman in a black dress, London, Ontario
- Mystery Question:
Could this be Clare or Ina Bucke, daughters of Dr. Richard Maurice Bucke?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Edy Brothers, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white portrait of a young woman in a long black dress with long sleeves trimmed with lace, seated before an artificial background in a photographer's studio. An interesting detail is the fan attached to her dress.
- This is an undated cabinet card photograph of an unidentified young woman.
This photograph would have been taken by Edy Brothers sometime between 1883 and 1920 when they were at their 214 Dundas Street location. Based on the dress style, this photograph was likely taken c. 1890.
The ornate photographer's imprint, including their logo, appears on the front of the card beneath the photograph. A different imprint, including the logo and a drawing of an artist's palette, is on the back of the card.
- Front - Edy Brothers 214 Dundas St. London, Ontario.
Reverse - [Edy Brothers Artistic Photographers 214 Dundas St. London Ont.]
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1883-1909
Width: 11 cm
Height: 16.5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 10.5cm
Image Height: 14.3cm
- Local identifier:
- Edy Brothers Photograph
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes:
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG E60
London Public Library
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9