Portrait of Mai Mathewson, London, Ontario
- Cooper, Frank, 1845-1914, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white portrait of Mai Mathewson.
- This is an undated cabinet card photograph.
Frank Cooper had a photography business from 1868-1909. He was originally located on the east side of Richmond Street just north of King Street. By 1884 his studio was above 169/171/173 Dundas Street and by 1908 he was at 330 Dundas Street.
This photograph was probably taken at the 169-173 Dundas Street studio in the early 1890s. Mai Mathewson was born ca. 1883 and married George Copeland in 1911.
The ornate photographer's imprint, including the logo, appears on the front of the card beneath the photograph. There is a handwritten inscription on the back of the card.
- Front - Frank Cooper London, Ont.
Reverse - [May Mathewson, Mrs. Geo. Copeland, Richmond St. N.]
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1890-1895
Width: 10.7 cm
Height: 16.5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 10.3cm
Image Height: 14cm
- Local identifier:
- Frank Cooper Photograph
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes:
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG E42
London Public Library
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9