Portrait of Mrs. J. W. Vanwormer, London, Ontario
- Cooper, Frank, 1845-1914, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white portrait of Mrs. J. W. Vanwormer.
- Mrs. Vanwormer (maiden name Mary Ann Park) died July 21, 1874 at age 66. This undated portrait was probably taken ca. 1868-1874 (the year that Frank Cooper started his business and the year of Mrs. Vanwormer's death)
Mrs. Vanwormer and her husband lived at 189 William Street, the location shown on the map.
The ornate photographer's imprint appears on the card beneath the photograph.
There is a handwritten inscription on the back of the card.
- Front - Frank Cooper, Photographer, London
Reverse - Mrs. Vanwormer wife of J W Vanwormer Sister of Saml. Wm. & John Park. Aunt by marriage of E R Cameron Barrister Settled in London about the ye 1831. Was drowned while crossing the river at the S end of Ridout St. in a buggy having fallen into a washout at one of the piers. (inscription dated Nov 20/91)
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1868-1874
Width: 10.7 cm
Height: 16.5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 8cm
Image Height: 10.1cm
- Local identifier:
- Frank Cooper Photograph
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes:
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG E32
London Public Library
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9