Aerial Photograph of the Queen Alexandra Sanatorium, London, Ontairo
- Nelson, G. R., Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Glossy aerial photograph of the Queen Alexandra Sanatorium buildings and grounds with the Thames River on the left.
- The Queen Alexandra Sanatorium, a facility for the treatment of people suffering from tuberculosis, opened its doors on April 5, 1910. In April, 1949 it was renamed The Beck Memorial Sanatorium. It closed September 6, 1972.
The map shows the site of the Queen Alexandra Sanatorium. It was built on a high bluff overlooking the Thames River, in an area that was, at that time, outside the city of London. This site is now within the city at 600 Sanatorium Road and is occupied by CPRI (Child and Parent Resource Institute, formerly Children's Psychiatric Research Institute).
A guess has been made that this photograph was taken ca. 1940.
The photographer's name is written beneath the photograph in the bottom right hand corner.
- Beneath the photograph - G. R. Nelson London
Reverse (handwritten in pencil) - Queen Alexandra Sanatorium, Byron [and] Bundle 3
- Date of Original
- ca. 1940
Width: 34.7 cm
Height: 28.4 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 33.7cm
Image Height: 26.9cm
- Beck Memorial Sanatorium (London, Ont)
Child and Parent Resource Institute (London, Ont)
CPRI (London, Ont)
Queen Alexandra Sanatorium (London, Ont)
Tuberculosis - Hospitals - Ontario - London
Children's Psychiatric Research Institute (London, Ont)
Sanatoriums - Ontario - London
600 Sanatorium Road (London, Ont)
- Personal Name(s)
- Nelson, G.R.
- Local identifier
- G. R. Nelson Photograph
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.9675492935617 Longitude: -81.3335477362061
- Recommended Citation
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG O8
600 dpi tiff and jpg
- London Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9