St. Peter's Seminary, London, Ontario


Description
Creator:
Nelson, G. R., Photographer
Media Type:
Image
Item Type:
Photographs
Description:
Glossy black and white aerial photograph of St. Peter's Seminary. The Thames River can be seen in the background.
Notes:
St. Peter's Seminary was designed by John R. Boyde and built in the collegiate Gothic style in "Sunshine Park" in north London, 1925-1926. The exterior walls are of quarry run Credit Valley stone in various colors with cut stone trimmings of Tyndall stone. The roofs are of copper and sea green slate. The cloister was added in 1929 and the chapel in 1930.

St. Peter's Seminary, founded by Bishop Fallon, opened September 15, 1912. The students were housed in the Bishop's Palace, which later became St. Peter's Cathedral Rectory, until the present Seminary building was opened on September 29, 1926.

The photographer's name is written beneath the photograph in the bottom right hand corner. A guess has been made that this photograph was taken ca. 1940.
Inscriptions:
Beneath the photograph - G. R. Nelson London
Date of Original:
ca. 1940
Dimensions:
Width: 34.8 cm
Height: 28.3 cm
Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 33.5cm
Image Height: 26.9cm
Local identifier:
32104024554893
Collection:
G. R. Nelson Photograph
Language of Item:
English
Geographic Coverage:
Latitude: 43.012015371248616
Longitude: -81.25293126205446
Copyright Statement:
Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
Creative Commons licence:
by [more details]
Recommended Citation:
Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
Reproduction Notes:
London Room Photograph Archives - PG O7
600 dpi tiff and jpg
Contact:
London Public Library
Email:
WWW address:
Agency street/mail address:
251 Dundas Street London, ON N6A 6H9
St. Peter's Seminary, London, Ontario
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit