Portrait of Edith and Flora Line, London, Ontario
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Copy of a head and shoulders portrait of Edith and Flora Line as young women dressed in similar fancy dresses. Edith is on the left and Flora on the right.
- Edith and Flora (Florence A.) Line were daughters of Harry and Annie (neé Duggan) Line. Harry Line worked with the firm Line, McDonald & Co. cigar manufacturers. There is a portrait of Annie Line in this digital image gallery as well.
It appears that neither Edith nor Flora married. Edith Alice Line is buried at Woodland Cemetery in London. The information transcribed from the headstone gives her birth as March 6, 1879 and death as December 16, 1957 (although her obituary states that she died December 15, 1957). At the time of her death she was survived by her sister Florence A. who may, at that time, have been a patient at Parkwood Hospital. Florence may also be buried at Woodland Cemetery although her name does not appear on the headstone. Both their parents and their brother William H. and family are buried at Woodland.
Their stately family home was at 433 Dufferin Avenue. This house was appraised by the city of London in September, 1957 and demolished in April, 1958. The remarks on the appraisal sheet give the information that both owners (presumably Edith and Flora) were in Parkwood Hospital. The map shows the approximate location where their house once stood.
A guess has been made that this photograph was taken ca. 1900.
- Reverse (handwritten) - Left - Edith Line, Right - Flora Line daughters of Harry & Annie Line
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1900
Width: 14.8 cm
Height: 10.1 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 14.8cm
Image Height: 10.1cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Recommended Citation:
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes:
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG E271
London Public Library
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9