Portrait of Annie Line, London, Ontario
- Cooper, Frank, 1845-1914, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A copy of a head and shoulders portrait of Annie Line.
- Annie Line (neé Duggan), the wife of Harry Line of the firm of Line, McDonald & Co. cigar manufacturers, died at the family residence, 433 Dufferin Avenue, London, Ontario on December 8, 1923. According to her death registration, she was born in Ireland about 1854. She had two daughters, Florence and Edith, and a son, William H. A photograph of her daughters, Florence and Edith, also appears in this digital image gallery.
The photographer's imprint that is partially visible in the bottom right hand corner is believed to be that of Frank Cooper.
A guess has been made that this portrait was taken ca. 1900.
The map shows the location of 433 Dufferin Avenue where the Line family stately home once stood. It was demolished April 15, 1958.
- Front (partially visible) - Cooper LONDON
Reverse (handwritten) - Annie Line neé Duggan wife of H. Line. 433 Dufferin St. London, Ont.
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1900
Width: 10 cm
Height: 14.8 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 8.5cm
Image Height: 11.2cm
- Local identifier:
- Frank Cooper Photograph
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes:
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG E270
London Public Library
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9