The Right Reverend Arthur Carlisle
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white portrait of The Right Reverend Arthur Carlisle.
- The Right Reverend Arthur Carlisle was born November 29, 1881 in England and died in Montreal January 5, 1943. He grew up in London Ontario and attended the University of Western Ontario and Huron College. He was Lord Bishop of Montreal (Sixth), 1939-1943. (Source: "The Anglican Episcopate of Canada" by A.R. Kelley and D.B. Rogers.)
A guess has been made that this portrait was taken ca. 1940 when he was Lord Bishop of Montreal.
When young, Arthur Carlisle lived with his family at 322 St. George Street, London, the location shown on the map.
- Signature in bottom right corner of portrait - Rice
Typed beneath portrait - THE RIGHT REVEREND ARTHUR CARLISLE, B.A., D.D., D.C.L., LL.D., Lord Bishop of Montreal.
Written in ink in the bottom left corner - Londoners
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1940
Width: 13.5 cm
Height: 22.2 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 11.2cm
Image Height: 15.2cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes:
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG E169
London Public Library
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9