George Jervis Goodhue, London, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A fuzzy full length portrait of George Jervis Goodhue.
- George Jervis Goodhue, a general merchant, land speculator, mortgage broker and politician was born in Putney, Vermont on August 1, 1799. He came to the London district in 1820 at age 21 and died as London's wealthiest citizen on January 11, 1870.
His home was on the south side of Bathurst Street between Ridout and Talbot Streets.
This undated photograph may have been taken ca. 1860-1870. There is a handwritten inscription on the back.
- Reverse - Bundle 2 G.J. Goodhue
- Date of Original
- ca. 1860-1870
Width: 18.1 cm
Height: 25.3 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 16.8cm
Image Height: 24cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.9790416692898 Longitude: -81.2509356985474
- Recommended Citation
- Ivey Family London Room, London Public Library, London, Ontario, Canada
- Reproduction Notes
- London Room Photograph Archives - PG F216
- London Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
251 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6H9