Laying Sidewalk in Delta, Ontario
- Mystery Question:
Who are the unidentified people?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A photograph of a group laying sidewalks in Delta, Ontario circa 1910. In the wagon is H. Gilbert, and in the row third from the left is William Morris, then an unidentified child, then Clifford Morris ; beside C. Morris Jess Halladay; standing on the verandah second from right is Watt Beatty.
- The little boy with the broom is Herman Mallory Snider. His dad was Alfred Snider [Father Arthur Snider - Mother Ruby Halliday]. Herman's mother was Adeline Sawyer. Herman was my grandfather. I have a copy of this photograph from his collection. The photo is mounted on a black matt. On the back he has written in pencil, "About 1906 or 1908, taken at Delta on Beatty's Hill. Men were building cement sidewalks. The boy with the broom over his shoulder is me, then about 9 years old" [Signed Herman Mallory Snider]</
- Date of Publication:
- Local identifier:
- [Internal Record Number: NS2002]
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- from Diane Haskins "Do You Mind the Time When" originally loaned by Ron Morris
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Rideau Lakes Public Library
Agency street/mail address
P.O. Box 189
26 Halladay St.