Kapuskasing Public Library Digital Collections
The Kapuskasing Inn


Description
Creators:
Bibliothèque Publique de Kapuskasing Public Library
Ron Morel Memorial Museum
Media Type:
Image
Item Type:
Photographs
Description:
The Kapuskasing Inn, circa 1950.
Notes:
Construction on the Kap Inn started in 1927 and it was officially opened in 1928. It had single rooms with shared washrooms for employees of the Spruce Falls Power & Paper Company (who had the Inn built), a restaurant, barbershop, meeting rooms, banquet facilities. The Inn was next door to the Community Club and near the original Sensenbrenner Hospital, also company built.
The Kap Inn fell victim to arson in 2007. The entire roof structure and third floor were gutted.
Date Of Event:
circa 1950
Subject(s):
Collection:
Ron Morel Memorial Museum - Kap Inn
Language of Item:
English
Geographic Coverage:
Latitude: 49.41666196908756
Longitude: -82.42838144302368
Copyright Holder Contact Information:
Ron Morel Memorial Museum, 88 Riverside Drive, Kapuskasing, Ontario, P5N 1B3, 705-337-4274.
Recommended Citation:
Photo courtesy Ron Morel Memorial Museum
Terms of Use:
Contact Ron Morel Memorial Museum for authorization to use/copy this photo.
Reproduction Notes:
Contact Ron Morel Memorial Museum for authorization to use/copy this photo.
Contact:
Kapuskasing Public Library/Bibliothèque publique
Email:
WWW address:
Agency street/mail address:
24 Mundy Avenue Kapuskasing, Ontario P5N 1P9
The Kapuskasing Inn
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit