"1. Let people who talk poison words to others, word of dislike, jealousy, envy toward me, continue as they will. If I do right and they make it wrong, I'll keep it to myself. I hear lots, but can be quiet.
2. Why should every man know what hurts my heart of makes my life hard? What poor soul thinks or why should I confide all to everybody? I see lots of things, but I keep quiet.
3. Even if people make it bitter for me, and tell all kinds of lie about me, and try to undermine me; in such a case, I keep it for myself so that my enemies cannot laugh at me. Quietness is my peace; I suffer a lot, but I do not grumble.
4. Many people laugh at me and fight with me and pretend to be friendly. On the other hand, they squeeze me down and make me smaller then everybody. I know I cannot trust such things and have nothing to with them. Quietness is my peace; many things bother me but I keep quiet.
5. Even if I can trust no-one because I know them too well and they wish me ill, safe is the man who knows his enemies. They do not bother me because I am strong within myself. Quietness is my peace; I know my enemies and talk little.
6. I hope that soon it will be clear that I am not to be blamed. Who tries to make others blind, that man will not go far. Time will show who meant right or wrong. Quietness is my peace; I give all over to God, and I am quiet."