Bill McIsaac poses in front of his log cabin with the five fish he has caught.
Bills parents were Mary (nee. Poitras) and John McIsaac, married in Mattawa in 1871. According to Marion Sheedy's (2005) unpublished Autobiography entitled, Growing up in Bissett Creek, the McIsaacs were the first...
A lone figure stands in the entrance of Bissett Creek's first schoolhouse. It's a Winter scene. The small structure in the white pines to the right is the outhouse.
The Ottawa River lay just behind the hill in the background of this picture. The schoolhouse was replaced by a new one room...
The Tooley family garden is in the foreground and their house is in the background. A boy stands at the edge of the garden.
This picture was likely taken in August or September. This time of year is indicated by the height of the corn on the right side of the picture.
Six boys (of various ages) pose for their team picture. A hockey stick was thrust into the bottom right hand corner of the frame when the picture was taken.
Back Row (Left to Right): Malcolm Tooley, "Fats" Boulay, Leonard McIsaac.
Front Row (Left to Right): Ken Tooley, Romeo Boulay,
Two young ladies pose on the C.P.R. mail stand situated next to the Bissett Creek Station House. The mail stand was a popular place to have ones picture taken. There are at least three photographs in the Head, Clara and Maria archives of locals posing on the mail stand.
In this picture, Alvirna...
A toddler sits on the porch roof of a house near the Pembroke Mattawa Road now known as Trans-Canada Hwy 17. Elsie McIsaac is Bill McIsaac and Mary (Meme) McIsaac's Daughter. Her brother is Stanley McIsaac who is featured in the Bissett Creek Hockey picture.
Maintenance workers for Canadian Pacific Railway near Aylen Siding pose on a handcar. The individuals in this photograph are unknown. Maintenance workers used to travel up and down the rail lines on handcars to maintain and repair the track when necessary.
Construction of the Fire Lookout Tower at Bissett Creek. The three individuals in the photograph are unknown, but it is believed they may be the Lands and Forestry employees who built the tower. The Fire Tower was believed to be 50 feet high.
Stanley McIsaac recalls building a Fire Tower on the...
Three young ladies pose on a saw horse in front of Bill McIsaac's house.
Left to right: Vivial Tooley (Bill's adopted daughter), Elsie McIsaac (bill's daughter) and Irene Tooley (Bill's adopted daughter).
1946 Men sitting at a picnic table inside a meal tent at a work camp for the Rapides-des-Joachims dam. These men were in charge of the cutting of the "slash".
These men were in charge of cutting all the timber in preparation for the rising water levels caused by the building of the Swisha dam at Les...
September 1958 Politicians pose for a picture taken inside the new (c.1958) Bilingual Separate School in Deux Rivieres, Ontario. Unknown man, Loretta Boissonneault, Ed Fisher (MP of Renfrew), unknown man, unknown man.
September 1958 Ribbon cutting ceremony at the Deux Rivières Bilingual Separate School. Rene Houle (cutting the ribbon),Father Brown, and Loretta Boissonneault.
August 1962 A woman and a boy pose in front of a car. People believed to be Madelyn and Dwight Thomas.
1959-1961 Photograph of children posing with a helicopter. Photograph believed to have been taken between 1959-1961. From Right: Bonnie Resmer, Diane LeClair, Candice Resmer, Trina Cotnam (little blonde girl), Diane Boissonneault (little one leaning on the helicopter), Andy Boissonneault. Pilot, unknown.
1969 A crane with a wrecking ball idles next to St. Lawrence Parish, Deux Rivières.
1957 Three children and a Priest stand before a church alter. Father J.K. O'Brien, Bonnie Resmer, Unknown, Ivan Boissonneault.
1958 Six children pose, two holding certificates, with the Ottawa River in the background. Priscilla Boissonneault, Candice Resmer, Bonnie Resmer, Wayne Resmer, Andy Boissonneault, Ivan Boissonneault.
Jeannette (Boudreau) and James (Jim) Charbonneau Standing on the Swisha bridge.
Prior to the construction of a hydro-electric dam in 1950, the village site of Rapides-des-Joachims (Swisha) was not an island. The rising water flooded an old river bed from the north through Lake McConnell. (Source:...
A young Ernie Boudreau poses on a Pontiac which is parked on a stretch of highway 17 that overlooks the Ottawa River. The reflection of A fire tower can be seen on the hood of the car.
The car belonged to Sam Clouthier.
February 14 1951 Gasoline pumps are in the foreground of the photograph taken in the winter. The Demarco Family store, covered in signs is in the background. Signs:
Black Cat Cigarettes
Jun 1985 Five people are in the photograph. Photograph composed around the couple in the middle of the frame.
Elmer Panke, Elsie Panke (Nee McIsaac), Shela Sennack.
18 Jun 1950 This is a picture of the congregation attending the official opening of Our Lady of the Snows Catholic Church in Stonecliffe, ON on June 18, 1950 Official Opening of the Church June 18/1950
Road bridge and rail bridge crossing Bissett Creek. This is a unique spot because four different levels of transportation (boat, car, train and plane) could be in this spot at once.
1967 Sheedy family Service Station and Snack Bar found in Bissett Creek along Hightway 17. This is the third building erected (1959-1969) by Clarence Vincent Sheedy [1905-1977] for this Service Station. The former station was expropriated to accommodate the relocation of highway 17. The business was...
Jun 1985 Photograph taken in a crowd at the 1985 seniors picnic in Old Mackey's Park. Mr. Plourde, Doug Antler, Jim Allison.
18 Jun 1950 Group of people viewed from behind, facing OLS Priest's house Official Opening of Our Lady of the Snows Church Stonecliffe, June 18,1950.
7 Feb 1986 Two women, competing against other pairs, saw a birth trunk on the side of the community center. Joan Charbonneau (in white) and Doris Donnelly (in Pink).
18 Jun 1950 This picture shows the consecration of Our Lady of the Snows Church on Highway 17 in Stonecliffe, Ontario. This church was built to replace St. Zephirin's Parish Church destroyed in the flooding of the Ottawa River for the hydro-electric power dam at Rapides-Des-Joachims. Church opened Dec....
Pre 1949 Photograph of St. Narcissus Parish and Priests house in Mackey Station. The first chapel was built in Mackey in 1891 and blessed by Bishop Narcisse Zephirin Lorrain in 1895.
This photograph was likely taken between 1940-1942 when the poster commemorating the first three Pastors was created....
Our Lady of the Snows Church with highway 17 in the foreground. The photographer is facing south. Modern Vehicle to the right of the church. This picture was likely taken in the late 1990s or early 2000s. First Baptism- Pat Charbonneau-December 11, 1949
First Wedding- Muriel Francoeur + Hiriam...
Early 1920s Photograph of main Street Stonecliffe in the 1920s. Railway tracks cut through the bottom left hand corner. The general store is in the foreground, next to it is St. Zephirin's church, to the left of the church is the C.P.R. section house and partially cut off on the left hand side is the train...
The Pellerin family poses in front of their homestead.
Back Row (left to right): John (Jack) Pellerin (also in McIsaac Old Place picture), Helen (Nellie) Pellerin Lomas, Maggie Pellerin née McIsaac, Bill Tooley, Bill McIsaac, Florence McIsaac, Hazel Pacholzuk, Charles Pellerin (Patriarch). Middle...
1953 Stonecliffe Class Picture 1953 Back Row: Lenora Jennings, Jowayne Boudreau, Olive McIntyre (teacher), Louise Riches, Iona Boudreau, Glenda Gallagher, Lorna Jennings, Yvonne Gagne, Joan Boudreau, Lois Boudreau, Genevieve Jennings.
Second Row: Merwyn Jennings, Gloria Boudreau, Doris Jennings, Diane...