Couple Poses on The Bridge to Swisha
- Mystery Question:
Was this picture was taken before the dam?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Jeannette (Boudreau) and James (Jim) Charbonneau Standing on the Swisha bridge.
- Prior to the construction of a hydro-electric dam in 1950, the village site of Rapides-des-Joachims (Swisha) was not an island. The rising water flooded an old river bed from the north through Lake McConnell. (Source: Kennedy, Clyde C. The Upper Ottawa Valley, Renfrew County Council, Pembroke, 1970)
Width: 6.5 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Jean Boudreau Collection
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information:
- Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
Address: 15 Township Hall Rd. Stonecliffe, ON K0J 2K0
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
Head, Clara and Maria Public Library