- North Renfrew Times, December 1969, p. 1
- Full Text
- Plans being Finalized
Council of the Townships of Head, Clara and Maria, learned last week at regular meeting, that plans for the new boat launching ramp at Mackey are now being finalized. Department of Highways, North Bay, have signified their approval of the proposed entrance from High¬way 17 to the boat launching ramp and Council passed a motion stating that the Townships would be responsible for the maintenance and building of the necessary right-of-way and parking area and that this would be a public facility. Council will also enter into a license of occupation with Department of Public Works for land to which the wharf will be attached. Ontario Hydro are charging $100 for the land involved where the ramp will be located and are now awaiting a survey of the area before the sale is completed. A by-law to borrow the sum of
-Plans being finalized (Cont'd from Page 1
$12,000 to cover the purchase of the new Township truck was also passed.
A report on the activities of the Upper Ottawa Valley Travel Council during the past year, and a review of the purposes of the Council, was presented by Mary Ellen Boudreau, the Township's representative on the U.O.V.T.C.
By-law Enforcement Officer and Dog Catcher, Elmer Panke, will act in this capacity again for the year 1970. Bernard Spencer, who was not at the meeting, will also be asked to continue as Welfare Officer for the Townships. Councillor Ernest Boudreau reported on the recent meeting with CPR representatives at Chalk River on the proposed changes in CPR facilities. He did not feel that the changes would be detrimental to the Townships.
Council voted to treat the hard working and non-paid members of the Townships' Community Centre Board to a dinner in the Stonecliffe Hotel on Friday, November 12.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Township of Head, Clara and Maria council news is discussed. Among the topics of this December 1969 meeting are the finalization of the plans to build a boat launch at Mackey and the purchase of a new township truck.
- Date of Original
- December 1969
- Loretta Boissonneault
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.16682 Longitude: -77.79951
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- North Renfrew Times
- Copyright Holder Contact Information
- North Renfrew Times
Mail: P.O. Box 310, Deep River, Ontario K0J 1P0
- Head, Clara and Maria Public LibraryEmail