Fire Tower at Bissett Creek
- Mystery Question:
Do you know when this tower way built and who is in the photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Construction of the Fire Lookout Tower at Bissett Creek.
- The three individuals in the photograph are unknown, but it is believed they may be the Lands and Forestry employees who built the tower. The Fire Tower was believed to be 50 feet high.
Stanley McIsaac recalls building a Fire Tower on the Quebec side of Bissett Creek around 1949. The tower was built on the Quebec side because the height of the hills provided better visibility.
Frank Mitchell, Max Breisky (Game Warden), Sam Jackson, Dicky Stewart, Stanley McIsaac and Joe Tait (Deputy Ranger) were involved in building the Fire Tower.
It is unknown if this is the tower that Stanley McIsaac helped build. It may be an older tower that predated the 1950 flood.
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 8
Image Height: 10
- Local identifier:
- Mary Ellen Boudreau and Joan Charboneau Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
Head, Clara and Maria Public Library