McIsaac "Old Place", Bissett Creek
- Mystery Question:
Does any one know what year Rita Hanlan was born?
Does anyone know Percy Jardine's relationship to the family?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Four generations of the McIsaac family pose in front of the family homestead. Spring time.
- Back Row (Left to Right): Jenny McIsaac (Jimmy's wife), Willie Pellerin (Maggie & John’s son), Mary McIsaac (Family Matriarch), Maggie Pellerin née McIsaac, John (Jack) Pellerin, Mary Pellerin (Maggie & John’s daughter), Jimmy (James) McIsaac.
Front Row (left to Right): T.J. Chamberlain, Percy Jardine, Eva McIsaac (Jimmy & Jenny’s daughter), Johnny McIsaac (Jimmy & Jenny’s son), Florence Hanlan holding Rita Hanlan, Annie Tooley née McIsaac holding Malcom Tooley, and Lemuel (Buzzy) Tooley.
Mary McIsaac’s exact date of birth is unknown. According to the 1891 census Mary (McIsic) was 43 years old but according to the 1901 census Mary (McIsaac) was born July 10 1853 and was 47 at the time.
The homestead in this picture was the McIsaac family’s second homestead. The first burnt in a forest fire at the turn of the 20th century. The family survived by submerging themselves in Bissett Creek.
This picture is believed to be taken approximately 1920. Mary passed away in the latter part of the 1930s. This picture may have been taken as early as 1916 because two of her sons, Alexander (b.1893) (her youngest) and Thomas (b.1882), are missing. They joined the army in January and February of 1916 respectively. They both died in 1918.
This date is also supported by Florence Hanlan’s Daughter Rita, who is the fourth generation in this picture. Mary’s oldest daughter Maria Sophia (b.1875) (not pictured) was married on December 12 1891 to Francois James Chamberlain, Florence (b.1897) was their third child.
The McIsaac generations pictured:
1st generation: Mary McIssac (b.1853?) (Matriarch)
2nd generation: Maggie (b.1878), Jimmy (b.1880), Annie (b.1891)
3rd generation: Willie, Mary, T.J. Chamberlain (1899?), Eva, Johnny, Florence (b.1897), Malcolm
4th generation: Rita
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 10
Image Height: 8
- Local identifier:
- Mary Ellen Boudreau and Joan Charbonneau Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information:
- Head, Clara and Maria Public Library
Address: 15 Township Hall Rd. Stonecliffe, Ontario K0J 2K0
Head, Clara and Maria Public Library