Results

We found
7
matching items
Item types:
Photographs
  
  • Commemorative Monument  for the Engagement at Forty Mile Creek, June 8th, 1813
        A photographic print of the Commemorative Monument for the Engagement at Forty Mile Creek, War of 1812. It reads (English): "Here at the Forty Mile Creek, on the 8th of June 1813, American Forces, retreating after the battle of Stoney Creek, were bombarded by the British Flotilla under Sir James ...
      A photographic print of the Commemorative Monument for the Engagement at Forty ...
  • Henry Nelles Home- Cell for American Prisoners
        A black and white photograph of the lock up located in the basement of the Nelles house (125 Main Street West) that existed during the War of 1812. The photograph shows the wooden cell located in the basement next to the staircase. The house was owned by Colonel Robert Nelles ...
      A black and white photograph of the lock up located in the ...
  • Van Buskirk Blacksmith Shop
        Photo of Van Buskirk blacksmith shop on Main Street West in Grimsby. During the War of 1812, Allan Nixon was known to have owned the blacksmith shop located here. It is believed that the shop was forced to shoe American horses while the area was under US occupation. The building ...
      Photo of Van Buskirk blacksmith shop on Main Street West in Grimsby. ...
  • First Nations at the Battle of the Forty Ceremony- June 8, 1955
        A black and white photograph of six First Nations people playing instruments at the Ceremony unveiling a plaque commemorating the engagement at Forty Mile Creek which occured on June 8, 1813.
      A black and white photograph of six First Nations people playing instruments ...
  • Barn at Hermitage
        The Hermitage was the farm of William Nelles (1769-1850) and was built near the lake on Lot 6, Concession 1, in c.1800. Nelles was the brother of Robert Nelles and was also a Captain in the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia. This Regiment was known to have been involved ...
      The Hermitage was the farm of William Nelles (1769-1850) and was built ...
  • Lake Lodge Barn
        A black and white photograph of the original barn at Lake Lodge, built in 1801, as it was being demolished. Written in ink on the photograph is : "The original barn at Lake Lodge built in 1801. It was used for American prisoners during War of 1812".
      A black and white photograph of the original barn at Lake Lodge, ...
  • Robert Nelles Manor
        A postcard with a picture of Robert Nelles' Manor that was built in 1798. On the front it says: "The Manor (over 100 years old) Grimsby, Ont." Nelles was a Lieutenant-colonel of the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia by the end of the War. He was also known to ...
      A postcard with a picture of Robert Nelles' Manor that was built ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit