Military Commission- Jonathan Pettit, January 3, 1809
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Gore, Francis. Lieutenant Governor of the Province of Upper Canada, Correspondent
- Pettit, Jonathon, Recipient
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A commission appointing Jonathon Pettit from Ensign to Lieutenant in the 4th Regiment of the Lincoln Militia. It is dated January 3, 1809 and is signed by Francis Gore, Lieutenant Governor of the Province of Upper Canada.
This Regiment is known to have participated in the Battles of Queenston Heights and Lundy's Lane during the War.
- Date of Original
- 3 January 1809
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.00012 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Grimsby Museum
- Please contact the Grimsby Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Grimsby MuseumEmail