Results

We found
108
matching items
Geographic Location
Thunder Bay
  
Comments:
Yes
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • C.N.R Ticket(1938)
    Imagecomment       Canadian National Railway ticket issued to Mrs. Marander to take the train to market twice per month, from the stop at Wolfe to Fort William in 1938.
    Imagecomment     Canadian National Railway ticket issued to Mrs. Marander to take the train to market twice per month, from the stop at Wolfe to Fort William in 1938.
  • Canadian Pacific Railway '8000'
    Imagecomment       This multipressure locomotive was designed in Montreal at Montreal Locomotive works in 1928. These locomotives were assigned road numbers 5900 through 5919. These were part of the Selkirks, a name chosen for then range of Rockies they travelled and crossed. Exhaust steam was mixed with 250 psi pressure steam from ...
    Imagecomment     This multipressure locomotive was designed in Montreal at Montreal Locomotive works in 1928. These locomotives were assigned road numbers 5900 through 5919. These were part of the Selkirks, a name ...
  • Locomotive '5468'
    Imagecomment       CPR '5468' represents a high pressure oil-fired, heavy freight locomotive. It is one of the last class freight steam locomotives built new for a Canadian Railway. It is currently under lease to the Selkirk Division of the CRHA, Revelstoke, B.C. and is on display at the Revelstoke Railway Museum. Built ...
    Imagecomment     CPR '5468' represents a high pressure oil-fired, heavy freight locomotive. It is one of the last class freight steam locomotives built new for a Canadian Railway. It is currently under ...
  • Canadian Northern Railway Turntable (1905)
    Imagecomment       View of a Canadian Northern Railway locomotive on a turntable at the company's roundhouse at Port Arthur, Ontario, ca 1905. The engine is no. 442.
    Imagecomment     View of a Canadian Northern Railway locomotive on a turntable at the company's roundhouse at Port Arthur, Ontario, ca 1905. The engine is no. 442.
  • The Lookout, Port Arthur
    Imagemysterycomment       Black and white photograph labeled The Lookout, Port Arthur. A circular building appears to be on top of a hill providing the ability to over look the area.
    Imagemysterycomment     Black and white photograph labeled The Lookout, Port Arthur. A circular building appears to be on top of a hill providing the ability to over look the area.
  • Great Lakes Paper building
    Imagemysterycomment       Staff building, 1957, from the Great Lakes Paper Company.
    Imagemysterycomment     Staff building, 1957, from the Great Lakes Paper Company.
  • Great Lakes Paper storage shed
    Imagemysterycomment       Storage shed, 1957. Great Lakes Paper Company.
    Imagemysterycomment     Storage shed, 1957. Great Lakes Paper Company.
  • White`s Rexall Drug Store (1949)
    Imagemysterycomment       Black and white photograph of White`s Rexall Drug Store during the Fort William Winter Carnival which took place January 31 to February 3, 1949.
    Imagemysterycomment     Black and white photograph of White`s Rexall Drug Store during the Fort William Winter Carnival which took place January 31 to February 3, 1949.
  • Kaministiquia Hotel (~1879)
    Imagecomment       A photograph of the Kaministiquia Hotel, once at the corner of Dease and Hardisty Streets, in Fort William, Ontario. This unique C.P.R. hotel offered accomodations to railroad officials, business executives and summer vacationers in a wilderness setting. The hotel was owned and operated by the Canadian Pacific Railway and was ...
    Imagecomment     A photograph of the Kaministiquia Hotel, once at the corner of Dease and Hardisty Streets, in Fort William, Ontario. This unique C.P.R. hotel offered accomodations to railroad officials, business executives ...
  • John Korkola
    Imagemysterycomment       John Korkola is a brother to Henry and Moses Korkola. John was a commercial fisherman on Lake Superior.
    Imagemysterycomment     John Korkola is a brother to Henry and Moses Korkola. John was a commercial fisherman on Lake Superior.
  • John Maki
    Imagemysterycomment       Text on back of portrait: "John Maki - Young John father. He ended up section foreman at Hornepayne east end."
    Imagemysterycomment     Text on back of portrait: "John Maki - Young John father. He ended up section foreman at Hornepayne east end."
  • John Mackie
    Imagemysterycomment       Photo of a toddler, John Makie. On the back of the photo is inscribed; 'At age 20, John left for Russia and was never heard from since.'
    Imagemysterycomment     Photo of a toddler, John Makie. On the back of the photo is inscribed; 'At age 20, John left for Russia and was never heard from since.'
  • Korkola Family
    Imagemysterycomment       Portrait of Mr. and Mrs. Korkola and their children Elvi, Wally and Ali.
    Imagemysterycomment     Portrait of Mr. and Mrs. Korkola and their children Elvi, Wally and Ali.
  • Eatons Foodateria
    Imagecomment       Interior of Eatons Foodateria in Fort William. Eatons opened its Fort William store on Victoria Avenue in 1929. It remained in this location to serve the community until 1948, when the store was relocated to South Syndicate Ave.
    Imagecomment     Interior of Eatons Foodateria in Fort William. Eatons opened its Fort William store on Victoria Avenue in 1929. It remained in this location to serve the community until 1948, when ...
  • Port Arthur Post Office (~1892)
    Imagecomment       Port Arthur's first permanent post office, built in 1892. It was located at the corner of Court Street and Red River Road (then called Arthur Street)., The site for the post office was hotly debated. George Marks, Simon Dawson, and S. Ray petitioned Ottawa to have the post office located ...
    Imagecomment     Port Arthur's first permanent post office, built in 1892. It was located at the corner of Court Street and Red River Road (then called Arthur Street)., The site for the ...
  • Ed Peterson's Monoplane (~1910)
    Imagecomment       Ed Peterson pilots his plane across Kelly's race track near the corner of Edward and Arthur streets. Unfortunately, on this occasion the plane fails to leave the ground. Mr. Peterson built his own modified Bleriot monoplane from wood and canvas. Newspaper reports say this was the first monoplane built in ...
    Imagecomment     Ed Peterson pilots his plane across Kelly's race track near the corner of Edward and Arthur streets. Unfortunately, on this occasion the plane fails to leave the ground. Mr. Peterson ...
  • William James Abercrombie (~1940)
    Imagecomment       Portrait of William James Abercrombie, 1st manager of the Fort William T. Eaton Company Limited. Mr Abercrombie assumed management of the fledgling Eaton's Foodateria on Victoria Avenue in 1929 and remained with the firm until his retirement in 1961. During his years in Thunder Bay, he was the founder of ...
    Imagecomment     Portrait of William James Abercrombie, 1st manager of the Fort William T. Eaton Company Limited. Mr Abercrombie assumed management of the fledgling Eaton's Foodateria on Victoria Avenue in 1929 and ...
  • Canadian Pacific Railway - Union Station
    Imagecomment       Canadian Pacific Union Station was built by 1909, in Fort William, Ontario. This freight and passenger yard was one of the 'hump' yards that could handle double the capacity of other railway yards in Canada at the time.
    Imagecomment     Canadian Pacific Union Station was built by 1909, in Fort William, Ontario. This freight and passenger yard was one of the 'hump' yards that could handle double the capacity of ...
  • Pagoda Tourist Centre
    Imagemysterycomment       Black and white photo of Pagoda Tourist Centre, Daily News, and waterfront (Prince Arthur's Landing), Port Arthur, Ontario. Also the site of the C.N.R. train terminal.
    Imagemysterycomment     Black and white photo of Pagoda Tourist Centre, Daily News, and waterfront (Prince Arthur's Landing), Port Arthur, Ontario. Also the site of the C.N.R. train terminal.
  • First Grain Elevator at the Lakehead
    Imagecomment       The steamer Athabasca sits in front of the Horn Elevator, which was built in 1884 by John King. To the right of the steamer are two yachts, and a tug boat. The elevator was later purchased and operated by David Horn and Company. It was demolished in the 1920's.
    Imagecomment     The steamer Athabasca sits in front of the Horn Elevator, which was built in 1884 by John King. To the right of the steamer are two yachts, and a tug ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit