Certificate of Marriage, John William Taylor - Susan Jones, 1851
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Marriage announcements
- A certificate of marriage, dated August 10, 1851, for John William Taylor, of St. Catharines, to Susan Jones, also of St. Catharines. The certificate is signed by a William Wilkinson, Baptist Minister. This marriage certificate was in the possession of Rick Bell, of St. Catharines, Ontario. Rick Bell's mother, Iris Sloman Bell, had this certificate among other family memorabilia in the attic of her St. Catharines home. Relatives of the Bell - Sloman families were former Black slaves from the United States who later settled in the London and St. Catharines areas of southern Ontario.
- Date of Publication
- 10 Aug 1851
- Personal Name(s)
- John William Taylor, Susan Jones, John Anderson, William Wilkinson
- Rick Bell Family Fonds - RG 63
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16681 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- RG 63 Rick Bell Family fonds, Brock University Archives, Brock University.
- Current copyright applies. In some instances, researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the Brock University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the Library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
- Brock University ArchivesEmail
Agency street/mail address
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264