County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
54
matching items
  • Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris
        This photograph shows Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris. Originally built in 1883 as a dwelling, the building was turned into a store and post office. In 1946, it was divided into apartments. "C. Hamilton" is written in ink on the lower right-hand corner of the picture. It is likely ...
      This photograph shows Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris. Originally built in ...
  • Store Keeper Lou Marchant
        Lou Marchant was a store keeper and postmaster in Glen Morris from 1926 until his death in 1940. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      Lou Marchant was a store keeper and postmaster in Glen Morris from ...
  • Marchant's Store
        This photographs depicts Lou Marchant's store. The structure was originally built and owned by Thomas Scott in about 1883. This photo was taken in May, 1941. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      This photographs depicts Lou Marchant's store. The structure was originally built and ...
  • Glenview Grocery (formerly the Blacksmith's)
        This photograph depicts the old blacksmith's shop which was converted into the Glenview Grocery store in 1950. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      This photograph depicts the old blacksmith's shop which was converted into the ...
  • Glenview General Store
        The photograph depicts the Glenview General Store in Glen Morris. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      The photograph depicts the Glenview General Store in Glen Morris. The original ...
  • Norman's General Store
        This photograph depicts Norman's General Store in Harrisburg, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      This photograph depicts Norman's General Store in Harrisburg, Ont. The original photo ...
  • The End of an Era by Mel Robertson, from The Burford Times
        From the 1970s through the 1980s, Mel Robertson wrote many articles for the Burford Advance and Burford Times on the history of Burford Township. This clipping contains the article "The End of an Era" describing the history of retail business in Burford. The article may not have been republished. Newspaper ...
      From the 1970s through the 1980s, Mel Robertson wrote many articles for ...
  • Photograph of Bobby Whittaker
        This photograph depicts Bobby Whittaker on his bicycle in front of Middleport's General Store which was owned and operated by Howard and Marie Corner. The original document was provided by Eldene Oros during a Scan & Share Day event held at the Onondaga Hall on February 11, 2012.
      This photograph depicts Bobby Whittaker on his bicycle in front of Middleport's ...
  • M & A Store During the Flood of 1974
        This photograph depicts the "M & A" Store during the flood of 1974 that took place in Paris, Ont. The original photo was provided by Barbara Sparks.
      This photograph depicts the "M & A" Store during the flood of ...
  • Sprowl's Store in Burford
        Photograph of Sprowl's store in Burford.
      Photograph of Sprowl's store in Burford.
  • Devlin's Store, c. 1908
        This photograph shows Devlin's Store, c. 1908. Premier Arthur Sturgis Hardy was born there in 1837. This photograph was provided by Linda Guest.
      This photograph shows Devlin's Store, c. 1908. Premier Arthur Sturgis Hardy was ...
  • Interior of Woods & Tinknell Store, Paris, ON
        This photograph depicts the interior of the Woods & Tinknell store, c. 1940. Jerry Murray is depicted on the right; the other men may be Horace Bateman and Buster Woods.
      This photograph depicts the interior of the Woods & Tinknell store, c. ...
  • Boughner's Boots & Shoes, Scotland
        This 1865 tintype shows a group of people outside Boughner's Boots & Shoes store in Scotland, Ontario. It was taken by Hays. This item was provided by Richard Shaver during the September 17th, 2010 Digitization Day held in Oakland, Ontario by the County of Brant Public Library. Do you have ...
      This 1865 tintype shows a group of people outside Boughner's Boots & ...
  • Photograph of the Cronins at the Grocery Store in Glen Morris
        This is a photograph of the Cronins who ran the grocery store and the gas pumps in Glen Morris.
      This is a photograph of the Cronins who ran the grocery store ...
  • Photograph of Mr. Cronin Working at the Grocery Store in Glen Morris
        This is a photograph of Mr. Cronin working at the grocery store in Glen Morris.
      This is a photograph of Mr. Cronin working at the grocery store ...
  • Photograph of Eileen and Bill Marchant Outside of a Shop in Glen Morris
        This is a photograph of Eileen and Bill Marchant outside of the Cronin's grocery store in Glen Morris in 1948.
      This is a photograph of Eileen and Bill Marchant outside of the ...
  • Peter Maitland and His Store
        Reverse side, the beginning: "Dear Eva, The above was written by Hugh...".
      Reverse side, the beginning: "Dear Eva, The above was written by Hugh...".
  • Scott Home as a Store
        This photograph depicts the Scott home after it was converted to a store, with Mr. Marchant posing in front. This image was taken about 1930, and was donated to the Library by Jean Rising. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
      This photograph depicts the Scott home after it was converted to a ...
  • Over the Counter by Mel Robertson, from The Burford Advance
        From the 1970s through the 1980s, Mel Robertson wrote many articles for the Burford Advance and Burford Times on the history of Burford Township. This clipping contains the article Over the Counter. It describes the culture of retail business in Burford in the early 20th century. The article may not ...
      From the 1970s through the 1980s, Mel Robertson wrote many articles for ...
  • Onondaga Post Office
        This photograph depicts the "new" Onondaga Post Office. The post office was originally located in a wooden building that also accommodated a general store. In 1933, the store suffered a fire, and the post office was moved to the Masonic building across the street. The new building was erected in ...
      This photograph depicts the "new" Onondaga Post Office. The post office was ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit