County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
7
matching items
  • Agriculture Works Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the Agriculture Works building in St. George. The photograph depicts the "new" factory built in 1878 after the former structure burned down the year before. Agriculture works was located on the northwest corner of Beverly and Reid streets. The company was founded ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the Agriculture Works building ...
  • Howell Block on Main Street Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of Howell Block on Main Street in St. George. The photo depicts the south end of the east side of downtown. From right to left, the buildings are: the Howell Block, the Reid Block, the Richardson Block, the Haas Block, the Cummings House ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of Howell Block on Main ...
  • Glen Morris Public Library
        Summary The Glen Morris Hotel, also known as Temperance House, was built in 1844 and opened by Robert Shiel. The first General Warehouse offered food, lodging, a bar, a livery stable, and an upstairs dance hall. On January 21, 1875, a Penny Readings Society started where once a month reading ...
      Summary The Glen Morris Hotel, also known as Temperance House, was built ...
  • Historical Buildings of the County of Brant
  • Railway Station Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the railway station in St. George, located on the west side of the railway bridge. This two storey building was eventually removed in 1947, and was replaced by a smaller structure that was attached to the freight shed. The date is unknown ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the railway station in ...
  • Horses Pulling Logs on Howell Block Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of horses pulling logs on Main Street in St. George. The photo depicts Howell and Reid Block in the background. The false stonework on the stucco facade of Reid Block is visible. The date is unknown but presumed to be around 1916-1920. This ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of horses pulling logs on ...
  • Snowball Grist Mill
        Summary The construction process of the mill began in 1869 and went on for three years, culminating in a stone building built by local stonemason Mr Reith. Goldie and McCulloch supplied two ten inch wide Leffel water wheels and over five hundred feet of flume pipe. By the fall of ...
      Summary The construction process of the mill began in 1869 and went ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit