County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
12
matching items
  • Methodist Church Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the Methodist Church in St. George. The church was built in 1869 by architect Mr. Turner from Brantford, and builder James Pickering, also from Brantford. Its original location was the current site of the Royal Canadian Legion Br. 605 on Main Street ...
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the Methodist Church in ...
  • St. James Anglican Church
        Building Summary The St. James Anglican Church is the oldest standing church in Paris, Ontario and the oldest cobblestone church in Canada. In the years before the church was built, Paris settler Charles Dickson wrote a letter to his mother residing in Scotland, expressing that Paris was in need of ...
      Building Summary The St. James Anglican Church is the oldest standing church ...
  • Fairfield Plains United Church
        Building Summary The Fairfield Plains United Church (originally named Fairfield Methodist Church) is located in the Burford Township. The land was purchased in 1838, with its original intended use to be a burial ground. A frame church was erected in 1839 and this building was sold and removed to be ...
      Building Summary The Fairfield Plains United Church (originally named Fairfield Methodist Church) ...
  • All Saints' Anglican Church
        Building Summary All Saints’ Anglican Church is the oldest surviving church building in the village of Mount Pleasant. Typical of Anglican churches of the 1800s, the original congregation consisted mainly of Colonial elites. The architectural style is Gothic-vernacular, as many parishioners of the church helped to build the structure using ...
      Building Summary All Saints’ Anglican Church is the oldest surviving church building ...
  • Glen Morris United Church
        Building Summary The Glen Morris United Church, located on East River Road, was constructed in 1847 on land donated by Samuel Latshaw, the founder of Glen Morris. Construction of the Field Stone church finished in 1849, and the church was officially opened in November of that year. Initially a Presbyterian ...
      Building Summary The Glen Morris United Church, located on East River Road, ...
  • Glen Morris United Church Manse
        House Summary The Glen Morris United Church Manse was built starting in 1856 after Samuel Latshaw donated four acres of land to the Glen Morris United Church. The purpose of the Manse was to house the ministers of the church, and the Manse is still a minister’s residency today. Construction ...
      House Summary The Glen Morris United Church Manse was built starting in ...
  • St. Paul's Anglican Church
        Summary St. Paul’s Anglican Church is a rare surviving example of a board-and-batten church in Ontario. Located in Middleport, it was built upon land donated by Robert Wade, the owner of the Middleport General Store. Constructed in 1868, the church has a Gothic steeple with paired lancet windows. The lower ...
      Summary St. Paul’s Anglican Church is a rare surviving example of a ...
  • Second Onondaga Baptist Church
        Summary The Second Onondaga Baptist Church was first constructed in 1854 by members of the Baptist community and using timber from Elder Hooper’s woods. Elder Hooper, who immigrated from England to Canada in 1838, would go on to serve as the church’s first minister1. The building is a testament to ...
      Summary The Second Onondaga Baptist Church was first constructed in 1854 by ...
  • Salt Springs United Church One Hundred and Tenth Anniversary Programme
        This document is a programme for Salt Springs United Church's one hundred and tenth anniversary from 1933.
      This document is a programme for Salt Springs United Church's one hundred ...
  • Langford Church
        Summary The Langford Community Church, located on 1601 Colborne Street E, was constructed in 1868 and was known by many different names. It was first called the Plank Road Church, then in 1924, after joining forces with the United Church of Canada, it became known as Langford United Church. After ...
      Summary The Langford Community Church, located on 1601 Colborne Street E, was ...
  • Scotland United Church
        House Summary The Scotland United Church, located at 10 Church St W, Scotland, was built circa 1850. It was originally known as the Congregational Church and began with the congregation meeting at the local school house in 1835. The Congregational Church was founded by Reverend James Nall. The white frame ...
      House Summary The Scotland United Church, located at 10 Church St W, ...
  • Glen Morris United Church Postcard
        This is a postcard with a photograph of the Glen Morris United Church in Glen Morris. The church was originally built in 1849. Because the postcard is labelled "Pres" for Presbyterian, it is presumed the photograph was taken some time before 1925.
      This is a postcard with a photograph of the Glen Morris United ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit