County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
115
matching items
  • House in Burford
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Back: Maple Ave North Burford
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Back: Maple Ave North Burford
  • S.S. #19 Hatchley School
    ImageText       Back: My first school Hatchley School 1921
    ImageText     Back: My first school Hatchley School 1921
  • Central Garage
    ImageText       Photograph of Central Garage in Burford circa 1950-51.
    ImageText     Photograph of Central Garage in Burford circa 1950-51.
  • Dr. Sowden House
    ImageText       Summary The Sowden House was the home and office of Dr. Sowden, an early doctor. The original home was built in the distinctive cobblestone style, though it has a recent addition in a more modern style. It is currently owned by Roger Moriarity. It acted as a combination living space ...
    ImageText     Summary The Sowden House was the home and office of Dr. Sowden, an early doctor. The original home was built in the distinctive cobblestone style, though it has a recent ...
  • Burford Railway Station
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Photograph of the Burford Railway Station before it was torn down and moved to St. George. The date this photo was taken is unknown.
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Photograph of the Burford Railway Station before it was torn down and moved to St. George. The date this photo was taken is unknown.
  • The Shearer Home
    ImageText       House Summary This Regency style home, located on Bishopsgate Road, was built in 1860. It features a small front gable window, six-over-six sash windows and a porch that may be an original variation on the style. It had been in the Shearer family for many decades and still features much ...
    ImageText     House Summary This Regency style home, located on Bishopsgate Road, was built in 1860. It features a small front gable window, six-over-six sash windows and a porch that may be ...
  • The Stevenson Farm
    ImageText       House Summary This late Victorian Farmhouse, located on Highway 53, was built in 1866. Recognized for its striking porch and front gable window, it truly stands the test of time.2 Timeline c. 1866 - Maria Wier purchased home for $2000.001 1867 - Archibald McDonald purchased home1 1874 - Philip Grandine ...
    ImageText     House Summary This late Victorian Farmhouse, located on Highway 53, was built in 1866. Recognized for its striking porch and front gable window, it truly stands the test of time.2 ...
  • The Snodgrass Residence
    ImageText       House Summary The Snodgrass Residence, also known as Pepper Farm and Grassridge Farms, is located on Bishopsgate Road in Burford. It was built circa 1850 and is an excellent example of a Regency Style Farm Cottage. The home has been in the Snodgrass family for many decades. The Snodgrass Family ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Snodgrass Residence, also known as Pepper Farm and Grassridge Farms, is located on Bishopsgate Road in Burford. It was built circa 1850 and is an excellent example ...
  • The Presgrave House
    ImageText       House Summary This 1.5 storey Arts and Crafts style bungalow, located on Maple Avenue South, was built in 1920 and is designated as a heritage property. Much has been updated throughout the home but you can still appreciate the architecture and design of the interior and exterior. Timeline 1920 - ...
    ImageText     House Summary This 1.5 storey Arts and Crafts style bungalow, located on Maple Avenue South, was built in 1920 and is designated as a heritage property. Much has been updated ...
  • The Koustall House
    ImageText       House Summary The Koustall House, located on Bishopsgate Road, is an award-winning Georgian-Style home recognized by the Architectural Conservatory of Ontario. Built in 1870, it is the area’s most architecturally significant homes featuring six-over-six panes and an elaborate porch with gingerbread scroll.2 Timeline c. 1870 - Home was contructed1 18?? ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Koustall House, located on Bishopsgate Road, is an award-winning Georgian-Style home recognized by the Architectural Conservatory of Ontario. Built in 1870, it is the area’s most architecturally ...
  • The O'Neail House
    ImageText       Summary This beautiful, simple plaster home on Arnold Street contains many of the original features of the home such as original baseboards, beams in the basement, transom above the front door, stairs and tongue and groove flooring. It was believed that this home used to be a worker’s cottage belonging ...
    ImageText     Summary This beautiful, simple plaster home on Arnold Street contains many of the original features of the home such as original baseboards, beams in the basement, transom above the front ...
  • Hunter House
    ImageText       House Summary This Arts-and-Crafts style home, located on Oakland Road, was built circa 1910.Two original stain glass windows still stand beside the front door. A lot of the original features are well-maintained and much has been restored to its former glory. Timeline 1910 - Home was built1 1915 - Arlen ...
    ImageText     House Summary This Arts-and-Crafts style home, located on Oakland Road, was built circa 1910.Two original stain glass windows still stand beside the front door. A lot of the original features ...
  • The Doran Home
    ImageText       House Summary This Italianate home, located on 4th Concession Road, is a Heritage Property in the former Burford Township. It was built in 1885 and is rumored to have been originally owned by John Doran who was a local merchant. John Doran also may have been the town’s Postmaster. The ...
    ImageText     House Summary This Italianate home, located on 4th Concession Road, is a Heritage Property in the former Burford Township. It was built in 1885 and is rumored to have been ...
  • The Reavie House
    ImageText       Summary This Italianate Brick Veneer home, noticeably recognized for its pale blue brick colour with white trim, is located in Burford. This home has a Burford Recognition Plaque for its Heritage and is built circa 1885. The swimming pool located on the property was used to teach the local children ...
    ImageText     Summary This Italianate Brick Veneer home, noticeably recognized for its pale blue brick colour with white trim, is located in Burford. This home has a Burford Recognition Plaque for its ...
  • Howell Block
    ImageTextcomment       Summary Howell Block has served a wide variety of functions within the St. George community, including a tinsmith, drug store, hardware store, library, museum, community hall, newspaper office, lawyers office, central telephone office, and post office. The original store and distillery was owned and operated by Nicholas Barmore in 1834 ...
    ImageTextcomment     Summary Howell Block has served a wide variety of functions within the St. George community, including a tinsmith, drug store, hardware store, library, museum, community hall, newspaper office, lawyers office, ...
  • Shepherd Family Farm
    ImageText       Summary The Shepherd Farm is located 1 mile north & ½ mile west of the village of Scotland. The buildings are situated on lot 2, concession 13 of Burford Township. In total, the farm consists of 171 acres. Over the years prior to 1914 there were several owners of this ...
    ImageText     Summary The Shepherd Farm is located 1 mile north & ½ mile west of the village of Scotland. The buildings are situated on lot 2, concession 13 of Burford Township. ...
  • Langford Church
    ImageText       Summary The Langford Community Church, located on 1601 Colborne Street E, was constructed in 1868 and was known by many different names. It was first called the Plank Road Church, then in 1924, after joining forces with the United Church of Canada, it became known as Langford United Church. After ...
    ImageText     Summary The Langford Community Church, located on 1601 Colborne Street E, was constructed in 1868 and was known by many different names. It was first called the Plank Road Church, ...
  • Scotland United Church
    ImageText       House Summary The Scotland United Church, located at 10 Church St W, Scotland, was built circa 1850. It was originally known as the Congregational Church and began with the congregation meeting at the local school house in 1835. The Congregational Church was founded by Reverend James Nall. The white frame ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Scotland United Church, located at 10 Church St W, Scotland, was built circa 1850. It was originally known as the Congregational Church and began with the congregation ...
  • Interior Photograph of Hamilton Place
    Image       This item is a photograph of a fireplace located inside Hamilton Place. The date this photograph was taken is unknown. For an in-depth description of Hamilton Place please view the record located here.
    Image     This item is a photograph of a fireplace located inside Hamilton Place. The date this photograph was taken is unknown. For an in-depth description of Hamilton Place please view the ...
  • Postcard featuring the Charles Mitchell House
    ImageTextcomment       PPL gift of Mr. Shelden Smoke's son Don't forget this Cobblestone [Illegible] [Illegible] come from all over J. Smoke Esq Barrister Paris Cobblestone House
    ImageTextcomment     PPL gift of Mr. Shelden Smoke's son Don't forget this Cobblestone [Illegible] [Illegible] come from all over J. Smoke Esq Barrister Paris Cobblestone House
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit