County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
80
matching items
Media Types
Text  
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Burning Building
    ImageTextmystery       Postcard with a photograph of a burning building on the front. The date the photograph was taken is unknown.
    ImageTextmystery     Postcard with a photograph of a burning building on the front. The date the photograph was taken is unknown.
  • Nut Grove Farm
    ImageText       House Summary The Langs' Home, also known as Nut Grove Farm, has been in the Langs family for many generations. The original house was a log house until it burned down in 1845. By the following year, a 1.5 storey home was built in its place. Black walnut and hickory ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Langs' Home, also known as Nut Grove Farm, has been in the Langs family for many generations. The original house was a log house until it burned ...
  • The Westbrook Homestead
    ImageText       House Summary This property on McBay Road, also known as Clover Hill Stables, is one of the oldest in the area. It is believed to have belonged to the Westbrooks, who were early settlers in the area. This home has been very modified due to its age – the original ...
    ImageText     House Summary This property on McBay Road, also known as Clover Hill Stables, is one of the oldest in the area. It is believed to have belonged to the Westbrooks, ...
  • The Hamilton Farm
    ImageText       House Summary This home on Number 6 School Road is commonly referred to as the Hamilton Farm as it has been in the Hamilton Family for over 100 years before changing hands. It is a unique mix between Regency and Ontario Gothic, estimated to be built around 1860. It was ...
    ImageText     House Summary This home on Number 6 School Road is commonly referred to as the Hamilton Farm as it has been in the Hamilton Family for over 100 years before ...
  • The Townsend Mansion
    ImageText       Summary This Georgian-revival structure built circa 1848 can be found in the small town of Mount Pleasant; it was constructed on lot 9 and part of lot 8. This property used to be 414 acres originally granted to William Sturgis. Eventually 100 acres was sold to Alvah Townsend, thus the ...
    ImageText     Summary This Georgian-revival structure built circa 1848 can be found in the small town of Mount Pleasant; it was constructed on lot 9 and part of lot 8. This property ...
  • Malcolm Homestead
    ImageText       House Summary The Garden Wall, located on Oakland Road, Scotland, was built in 1802 by Finlay Malcolm. After a few changes in ownership, the home is now back in the Malcolm family. This home has a rich history with its connections to the 1837 Rebellion and was one of the ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Garden Wall, located on Oakland Road, Scotland, was built in 1802 by Finlay Malcolm. After a few changes in ownership, the home is now back in the ...
  • Don Wills Farm
    ImageText       Summary The Wills house is located in Onondaga Township. Adam Butter, a Scottish immigrant, constructed the home in 1849 with the help of his brothers, and finished construction in 1855. Arches are found on either side of the driveway with the names Frank and Adam Butter inscribed, which were built ...
    ImageText     Summary The Wills house is located in Onondaga Township. Adam Butter, a Scottish immigrant, constructed the home in 1849 with the help of his brothers, and finished construction in 1855. ...
  • Photograph of Hamilton Place
    ImageText       This item is a photograph of Hamilton Place, located in Paris. The stone fence that runs along Grand River St. N. on either side of Hamilton Court can be seen in this photo. The date this photograph was taken is unknown. For an in-depth description please view the record located ...
    ImageText     This item is a photograph of Hamilton Place, located in Paris. The stone fence that runs along Grand River St. N. on either side of Hamilton Court can be seen ...
  • Henry Cox and Family
    ImageTextmystery       HENRY COX MAPLE AVE NORTH
    ImageTextmystery     HENRY COX MAPLE AVE NORTH
  • Charles Mitchell House
    ImageText       Summary With construction beginning in 1842, the Charles Mitchell House is one of the renowned cobblestone buildings in Paris constructed by Levi Boughton. The house is a great example of Greek Revival-style architecture. Numerous people have lived in the house after Mr. Mitchell moved to his farm in Blenheim Township ...
    ImageText     Summary With construction beginning in 1842, the Charles Mitchell House is one of the renowned cobblestone buildings in Paris constructed by Levi Boughton. The house is a great example of ...
  • Photograph of Hamilton Place c.1892
    ImageText       2 col newspaper cut Hamilton Place Home of Paul Wickson the artist circa 1892
    ImageText     2 col newspaper cut Hamilton Place Home of Paul Wickson the artist circa 1892
  • Photo of an Unidentified House
    ImageTextmystery       Photograph of an unidentified house. The date this photo was taken is unknown.
    ImageTextmystery     Photograph of an unidentified house. The date this photo was taken is unknown.
  • New Durham Milk Factory
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Front: NEW DURHAM, ONTARIO MILK FACTORY Back: Main Street New Durham Ontario
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Front: NEW DURHAM, ONTARIO MILK FACTORY Back: Main Street New Durham Ontario
  • Early History of the Paris High School
    ImageText       This history of Paris High School was donated by the Paris Museum and Historical Society. It was written c. 1923 by Franklin Smoke. Owing to inability to find contemporary records, much of the early history of education in the Town of Paris has already become mere tradition. Few, if any, ...
    ImageText     This history of Paris High School was donated by the Paris Museum and Historical Society. It was written c. 1923 by Franklin Smoke. Owing to inability to find contemporary records, ...
  • Hamilton Place
    ImageText       Summary Located in Paris, Hamilton Place is a three storey cobblestone building that was designed by Andrew J. Minney in the early 1840s. The house was first inhabited by Norman Hamilton, who oversaw endeavours in both gypsum mining and liquor distilling. After Norman’s death, the house would later be inhabited ...
    ImageText     Summary Located in Paris, Hamilton Place is a three storey cobblestone building that was designed by Andrew J. Minney in the early 1840s. The house was first inhabited by Norman ...
  • S.S. #13 Harley School
    ImageTextmystery       Back: Harley Public School
    ImageTextmystery     Back: Harley Public School
  • Rapai House
    ImageText       Summary The Hawksfield Farm, located on Maple Avenue South, is an Ontario Farm House. The property was once 200 acres but now stands at about 112 acres. Many new additions have been added to the property but many of the original features still stand such as the stairs, railings, flooring ...
    ImageText     Summary The Hawksfield Farm, located on Maple Avenue South, is an Ontario Farm House. The property was once 200 acres but now stands at about 112 acres. Many new additions ...
  • Hiram Capron Homestead
    ImageText       Summary This home, located on Homestead Road, is the oldest surviving building in Paris built in 1831; it belonged to the founder of Paris, Hiram Capron. This home once held a general store and Paris’ first post office. It was built on the site of early settler William Holmes’ log ...
    ImageText     Summary This home, located on Homestead Road, is the oldest surviving building in Paris built in 1831; it belonged to the founder of Paris, Hiram Capron. This home once held ...
  • Charles Arnold House
    ImageText       Summary This house on Arnold Street, thought to be Charles Arnold’s first home, is a 2377 square feet stucco home with a cobblestone foundation. Charles Arnold purchased the land from Hiram Capron and built the storey and a half lathe plaster home. It was stuccoed in 1965. A lot of ...
    ImageText     Summary This house on Arnold Street, thought to be Charles Arnold’s first home, is a 2377 square feet stucco home with a cobblestone foundation. Charles Arnold purchased the land from ...
  • Rathbun Family
    ImageTextmystery       Item is a photograph of Charles and Maria Rathbun along with other family members taken outside of the house located beside Harley Hall on January 31, 1936.
    ImageTextmystery     Item is a photograph of Charles and Maria Rathbun along with other family members taken outside of the house located beside Harley Hall on January 31, 1936.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit