County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
116
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Fire at the King St. Blacksmiths
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Photograph of four boys standing in front of the rubble of the blacksmith's that was located on King St. West. The date of this photograph is unknown.
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Photograph of four boys standing in front of the rubble of the blacksmith's that was located on King St. West. The date of this photograph is unknown.
  • Photograph of the Parking Lot Behind Arlington Hotel
    Image       This is a photograph of the parking lot located behind the Arlington hotel. The join where the brick addition and the original plaster building meet can be seen in the photo. The addition was added by Mr. Eaton circa 1883. The date of the photograph is unknown.
    Image     This is a photograph of the parking lot located behind the Arlington hotel. The join where the brick addition and the original plaster building meet can be seen in the ...
  • Burning Building
    ImageTextmystery       Postcard with a photograph of a burning building on the front. The date the photograph was taken is unknown.
    ImageTextmystery     Postcard with a photograph of a burning building on the front. The date the photograph was taken is unknown.
  • Nut Grove Farm
    ImageText       House Summary The Langs' Home, also known as Nut Grove Farm, has been in the Langs family for many generations. The original house was a log house until it burned down in 1845. By the following year, a 1.5 storey home was built in its place. Black walnut and hickory ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Langs' Home, also known as Nut Grove Farm, has been in the Langs family for many generations. The original house was a log house until it burned ...
  • The Westbrook Homestead
    ImageText       House Summary This property on McBay Road, also known as Clover Hill Stables, is one of the oldest in the area. It is believed to have belonged to the Westbrooks, who were early settlers in the area. This home has been very modified due to its age – the original ...
    ImageText     House Summary This property on McBay Road, also known as Clover Hill Stables, is one of the oldest in the area. It is believed to have belonged to the Westbrooks, ...
  • The Hamilton Farm
    ImageText       House Summary This home on Number 6 School Road is commonly referred to as the Hamilton Farm as it has been in the Hamilton Family for over 100 years before changing hands. It is a unique mix between Regency and Ontario Gothic, estimated to be built around 1860. It was ...
    ImageText     House Summary This home on Number 6 School Road is commonly referred to as the Hamilton Farm as it has been in the Hamilton Family for over 100 years before ...
  • The Townsend Mansion
    ImageText       Summary This Georgian-revival structure built circa 1848 can be found in the small town of Mount Pleasant; it was constructed on lot 9 and part of lot 8. This property used to be 414 acres originally granted to William Sturgis. Eventually 100 acres was sold to Alvah Townsend, thus the ...
    ImageText     Summary This Georgian-revival structure built circa 1848 can be found in the small town of Mount Pleasant; it was constructed on lot 9 and part of lot 8. This property ...
  • Malcolm Homestead
    ImageText       House Summary The Garden Wall, located on Oakland Road, Scotland, was built in 1802 by Finlay Malcolm. After a few changes in ownership, the home is now back in the Malcolm family. This home has a rich history with its connections to the 1837 Rebellion and was one of the ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Garden Wall, located on Oakland Road, Scotland, was built in 1802 by Finlay Malcolm. After a few changes in ownership, the home is now back in the ...
  • Shepherd Family Farm
    ImageText       Summary The Shepherd Farm is located 1 mile north & ½ mile west of the village of Scotland. The buildings are situated on lot 2, concession 13 of Burford Township. In total, the farm consists of 171 acres. Over the years prior to 1914 there were several owners of this ...
    ImageText     Summary The Shepherd Farm is located 1 mile north & ½ mile west of the village of Scotland. The buildings are situated on lot 2, concession 13 of Burford Township. ...
  • The O'Neail House
    ImageText       Summary This beautiful, simple plaster home on Arnold Street contains many of the original features of the home such as original baseboards, beams in the basement, transom above the front door, stairs and tongue and groove flooring. It was believed that this home used to be a worker’s cottage belonging ...
    ImageText     Summary This beautiful, simple plaster home on Arnold Street contains many of the original features of the home such as original baseboards, beams in the basement, transom above the front ...
  • Hunter House
    ImageText       House Summary This Arts-and-Crafts style home, located on Oakland Road, was built circa 1910.Two original stain glass windows still stand beside the front door. A lot of the original features are well-maintained and much has been restored to its former glory. Timeline 1910 - Home was built1 1915 - Arlen ...
    ImageText     House Summary This Arts-and-Crafts style home, located on Oakland Road, was built circa 1910.Two original stain glass windows still stand beside the front door. A lot of the original features ...
  • The Doran Home
    ImageText       House Summary This Italianate home, located on 4th Concession Road, is a Heritage Property in the former Burford Township. It was built in 1885 and is rumored to have been originally owned by John Doran who was a local merchant. John Doran also may have been the town’s Postmaster. The ...
    ImageText     House Summary This Italianate home, located on 4th Concession Road, is a Heritage Property in the former Burford Township. It was built in 1885 and is rumored to have been ...
  • The Reavie House
    ImageText       Summary This Italianate Brick Veneer home, noticeably recognized for its pale blue brick colour with white trim, is located in Burford. This home has a Burford Recognition Plaque for its Heritage and is built circa 1885. The swimming pool located on the property was used to teach the local children ...
    ImageText     Summary This Italianate Brick Veneer home, noticeably recognized for its pale blue brick colour with white trim, is located in Burford. This home has a Burford Recognition Plaque for its ...
  • Harley Hall
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Photograph of Harley Hall. The date this photograph was taken is unknown but it was prior to the "Burford Township Hall" writing being added to the building above the main doors.
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Photograph of Harley Hall. The date this photograph was taken is unknown but it was prior to the "Burford Township Hall" writing being added to the building above the main ...
  • Hatchley Public School
    ImageTextmystery       Front: Eggman & Thompson CABINET PHOTO: Norwich, Canada Back: Hatchley Public School
    ImageTextmystery     Front: Eggman & Thompson CABINET PHOTO: Norwich, Canada Back: Hatchley Public School
  • Cathcart Public School
    ImageTextmystery       Back: Cathcart Public School
    ImageTextmystery     Back: Cathcart Public School
  • House in Burford
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Back: Maple Ave North Burford
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Back: Maple Ave North Burford
  • S.S. #19 Hatchley School
    ImageText       Back: My first school Hatchley School 1921
    ImageText     Back: My first school Hatchley School 1921
  • Central Garage
    ImageText       Photograph of Central Garage in Burford circa 1950-51.
    ImageText     Photograph of Central Garage in Burford circa 1950-51.
  • Dr. Sowden House
    ImageText       Summary The Sowden House was the home and office of Dr. Sowden, an early doctor. The original home was built in the distinctive cobblestone style, though it has a recent addition in a more modern style. It is currently owned by Roger Moriarity. It acted as a combination living space ...
    ImageText     Summary The Sowden House was the home and office of Dr. Sowden, an early doctor. The original home was built in the distinctive cobblestone style, though it has a recent ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit