County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
1473
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Burford United Church
    ImageText       The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was originally located on the southeast corner of Dufferin and William Streets; in 1902, it was moved to King St. & Alexander St. At this time it was also renovated to add a study wing in the west, replacing ...
    ImageText     The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was originally located on the southeast corner of Dufferin and William Streets; in 1902, it was moved to King ...
  • Fire at the King St. Blacksmiths
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Photograph of four boys standing in front of the rubble of the blacksmith's that was located on King St. West. The date of this photograph is unknown.
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Photograph of four boys standing in front of the rubble of the blacksmith's that was located on King St. West. The date of this photograph is unknown.
  • Photograph of the Parking Lot Behind Arlington Hotel
    Image       This is a photograph of the parking lot located behind the Arlington hotel. The join where the brick addition and the original plaster building meet can be seen in the photo. The addition was added by Mr. Eaton circa 1883. The date of the photograph is unknown.
    Image     This is a photograph of the parking lot located behind the Arlington hotel. The join where the brick addition and the original plaster building meet can be seen in the ...
  • Burning Building
    ImageTextmystery       Postcard with a photograph of a burning building on the front. The date the photograph was taken is unknown.
    ImageTextmystery     Postcard with a photograph of a burning building on the front. The date the photograph was taken is unknown.
  • Cathcart S.S. #24
    ImageText       Front: PUBLIC SCHOOL CATHCART ONT Back: CATHCART S.S. #24 LOT #19 CONCESSION #5 BUILT IN 1892 CLOSED IN JUNE 1962
    ImageText     Front: PUBLIC SCHOOL CATHCART ONT Back: CATHCART S.S. #24 LOT #19 CONCESSION #5 BUILT IN 1892 CLOSED IN JUNE 1962
  • Kelvin S.S. #22
    ImageText       Front: SCHOOL KELVIN ONT Back: KELVIN S.S. #22 LOT #11 CON #14 BUILT 1874 CLOSED JUNE 1961
    ImageText     Front: SCHOOL KELVIN ONT Back: KELVIN S.S. #22 LOT #11 CON #14 BUILT 1874 CLOSED JUNE 1961
  • Burford Canning Factory
    ImageText       Burford Canning Factory PICTURE SHOWS THE FACTORY IN THE MID 1920'S IT'S LOCATION WAS SOUTH AND EAST of THE RAILWAY CROSSING ON MAPLE AVE. SOUTH. LATER A BRICK OFFICE WAS ADDED NEAR THE LOADING RAMP AT THE SIDE. THE FACTORY CLOSED IN THE 1930'S
    ImageText     Burford Canning Factory PICTURE SHOWS THE FACTORY IN THE MID 1920'S IT'S LOCATION WAS SOUTH AND EAST of THE RAILWAY CROSSING ON MAPLE AVE. SOUTH. LATER A BRICK OFFICE WAS ...
  • Township Residents in Front of Harley Store
    ImageText       Residents of the former Burford Township in front of the Harley Store in 1880. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various buildings in Brant County that was contributed by Jim Havens.
    ImageText     Residents of the former Burford Township in front of the Harley Store in 1880. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various buildings in Brant County that ...
  • Brock Miller
    ImageText       BROCK MILLER IN FRONT OF F.A MILLER CORNER STORE - MAPLE AVE AND KING St BURFORD
    ImageText     BROCK MILLER IN FRONT OF F.A MILLER CORNER STORE - MAPLE AVE AND KING St BURFORD
  • F.A. Miller General Store
    ImageText       1855 FRANK ABNER MILLER'S StORE ALSO INSURANCE & REAL ESTATE MANAGED BY FRANK MILLER THIS STORE IS ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER of KING St & MAPLE AVE BURFORD ONT
    ImageText     1855 FRANK ABNER MILLER'S StORE ALSO INSURANCE & REAL ESTATE MANAGED BY FRANK MILLER THIS STORE IS ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER of KING St & MAPLE AVE BURFORD ONT
  • Mount Vernon Corner Store
    ImageText       The Mount Vernon Corner Store stood at the corner of Highway 53 and Mill St. in Mount Vernon. It was built in 1832, and taken over by the Townsends in 1850, who operated it as the M.W. Townsend store. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various ...
    ImageText     The Mount Vernon Corner Store stood at the corner of Highway 53 and Mill St. in Mount Vernon. It was built in 1832, and taken over by the Townsends in ...
  • Agriculture Works Postcard
    Image       This is a postcard with a photograph of the Agriculture Works building in St. George. The photograph depicts the "new" factory built in 1878 after the former structure burned down the year before. Agriculture works was located on the northwest corner of Beverly and Reid streets. The company was founded ...
    Image     This is a postcard with a photograph of the Agriculture Works building in St. George. The photograph depicts the "new" factory built in 1878 after the former structure burned down ...
  • Sunnyside Postcard
    Image       This is a postcard with a photograph of Sunnyside in St. George. Sunnyside was constructed in 1888 by Dr. E.E. Kitchen, built as a show piece with Romanesque Revival style features. Sunnyside was the location for the inaugural meeting of the St. George Women's Institute beginning in 1903 until 1920. ...
    Image     This is a postcard with a photograph of Sunnyside in St. George. Sunnyside was constructed in 1888 by Dr. E.E. Kitchen, built as a show piece with Romanesque Revival style ...
  • Howell Block on Main Street Postcard
    Image       This is a postcard with a photograph of Howell Block on Main Street in St. George. The photo depicts the south end of the east side of downtown. From right to left, the buildings are: the Howell Block, the Reid Block, the Richardson Block, the Haas Block, the Cummings House ...
    Image     This is a postcard with a photograph of Howell Block on Main Street in St. George. The photo depicts the south end of the east side of downtown. From right ...
  • Griffin House
    TextImage       Summary Located in South Dumfries Township, the Griffin house was built in approximately 1898 for Maggie and William Fleming after the couple purchased the .45 acres of land. This Colonial Revival style, white frame home has undergone many renovations over the years, originally featuring a picket fence and pillars that ...
    TextImage     Summary Located in South Dumfries Township, the Griffin house was built in approximately 1898 for Maggie and William Fleming after the couple purchased the .45 acres of land. This Colonial ...
  • Nut Grove Farm
    ImageText       House Summary The Langs' Home, also known as Nut Grove Farm, has been in the Langs family for many generations. The original house was a log house until it burned down in 1845. By the following year, a 1.5 storey home was built in its place. Black walnut and hickory ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Langs' Home, also known as Nut Grove Farm, has been in the Langs family for many generations. The original house was a log house until it burned ...
  • Charles Mitchell House
    ImageText       Summary With construction beginning in 1842, the Charles Mitchell House is one of the renowned cobblestone buildings in Paris constructed by Levi Boughton. The house is a great example of Greek Revival-style architecture. Numerous people have lived in the house after Mr. Mitchell moved to his farm in Blenheim Township ...
    ImageText     Summary With construction beginning in 1842, the Charles Mitchell House is one of the renowned cobblestone buildings in Paris constructed by Levi Boughton. The house is a great example of ...
  • Penmarvian
    ImageText       Summary The original house was built by Hiram Capron in 1846 and known as the The Stone House. It took three years and twelve stone masons to complete and is an exemplar of the Greek Revival style popular at the time. Note how the square profile, flat hip roof and ...
    ImageText     Summary The original house was built by Hiram Capron in 1846 and known as the The Stone House. It took three years and twelve stone masons to complete and is ...
  • Howell Block
    ImageTextcomment       Summary Howell Block has served a wide variety of functions within the St. George community, including a tinsmith, drug store, hardware store, library, museum, community hall, newspaper office, lawyers office, central telephone office, and post office. The original store and distillery was owned and operated by Nicholas Barmore in 1834 ...
    ImageTextcomment     Summary Howell Block has served a wide variety of functions within the St. George community, including a tinsmith, drug store, hardware store, library, museum, community hall, newspaper office, lawyers office, ...
  • Nixon Homestead
    ImageText       Summary Two miles east of St. George is the Nixon Homestead, built by Charles Nixon in 1853. The house has remained in the family to the present day. Timeline 1853 – Construction Begins Under Charles Nixon, grandfather of Harry C Nixon. 1 1880 – Brick House Built Henry (the oldest ...
    ImageText     Summary Two miles east of St. George is the Nixon Homestead, built by Charles Nixon in 1853. The house has remained in the family to the present day. Timeline 1853 ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit