County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
403
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Burford United Church
    ImageText       The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was originally located on the southeast corner of Dufferin and William Streets; in 1902, it was moved to King St. & Alexander St. At this time it was also renovated to add a study wing in the west, replacing ...
    ImageText     The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was originally located on the southeast corner of Dufferin and William Streets; in 1902, it was moved to King ...
  • Paris Plains Church: Side View
    Imagecomment       This photograph depicts a side view of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont. in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. The building was restored in 1948 as a memorial ...
    Imagecomment     This photograph depicts a side view of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont. in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built in 1845 by the free ...
  • Paris Plains Church
    Image       This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built as the West Dumfries Wesleyan Chapel and dedicated in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. It has a cobblestone exterior. ...
    Image     This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built as the West Dumfries Wesleyan Chapel and dedicated in ...
  • Glen Morris United Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the Glen Morris United Church. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the Glen Morris United Church. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
  • St. George United Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the St. George United Church located on Beverly Street in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the St. George United Church located on Beverly Street in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
  • Photo of the United Church in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the Glen Morris United Church. The building was originally erected in 1847. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public ...
    Image     This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the Glen Morris United Church. The building was originally erected in 1847. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was ...
  • New Durham Congregational Church Postcard, 1906
    Image       This 1906 postcard shows the New Durham Congregational Church. This photo was provided by the Norwich and District Historical Society during the September 17th, 2010 Digitization Day held in Oakland, Ontario by the County of Brant Public Library. Do you have any historical items and are interested in helping preserve ...
    Image     This 1906 postcard shows the New Durham Congregational Church. This photo was provided by the Norwich and District Historical Society during the September 17th, 2010 Digitization Day held in Oakland, ...
  • St. Paul's United Church
    ImageText       Built in 1875, St. Paul's United Church is a United Church congregation in Paris. The church underwent renovations in 1959 (adding an additional wing) and 1994 (making the church handicapped accessible and adding additional space for Sunday school classes/meetings).
    ImageText     Built in 1875, St. Paul's United Church is a United Church congregation in Paris. The church underwent renovations in 1959 (adding an additional wing) and 1994 (making the church handicapped ...
  • Dedication Plaque of the Paris Plains Church
    Image       This photograph shows the dedication plaque of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the dedication plaque of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The original photo is held by the County of ...
  • Interior of the Paris Plains Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the interior of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the interior of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The original photo is held by the County of Brant ...
  • Glen Morris United Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the front view of the Glen Morris United Church. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the front view of the Glen Morris United Church. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
  • Old Baptist Church
    Imagemystery       This photograph depicts the fire damaged structure of the old Baptist Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo was provided by the South Dumfries Historical Society.
    Imagemystery     This photograph depicts the fire damaged structure of the old Baptist Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo was provided by the South Dumfries Historical Society.
  • History of the Onondaga United Church
    Text       Onondaga United Church is a well established community church located in the village of Onondaga, where in the mid-nineteenth century the influx of settlers following the building of the Buffalo-Brantford-Goderich railroad several Protestant denominations quickly established flourishing churches. The Wesley Methodist and the First Baptist Churches were soon followed by ...
    Text     Onondaga United Church is a well established community church located in the village of Onondaga, where in the mid-nineteenth century the influx of settlers following the building of the Buffalo-Brantford-Goderich ...
  • Burford Congregational Church
    ImageText       Rev. James Nall was a missionary of the Congregational Foreign Mission Society of London, England in connection with the Congregational Union of England and Wales. In 1835 he organized a congregation of the Congregational Church in Burford. The church was started in 1837 and took two years to build due ...
    ImageText     Rev. James Nall was a missionary of the Congregational Foreign Mission Society of London, England in connection with the Congregational Union of England and Wales. In 1835 he organized a ...
  • New Durham Congregational Church
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Photograph of New Durham Congregational Church, which was demolished in the mid-1930s. The date this photograph was taken is unknown.
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Photograph of New Durham Congregational Church, which was demolished in the mid-1930s. The date this photograph was taken is unknown.
  • Photograph of the Side of St. James Anglican Church
    Image       This is a photograph of the side of the St. James Anglican Church in Paris, Ontario. The cobblestone church built by Levi Boughton in 1839 is of the Gothic Revival architectural style, and the Gothic, center pointed windows are visible in this photo. A small dormer window is also visible ...
    Image     This is a photograph of the side of the St. James Anglican Church in Paris, Ontario. The cobblestone church built by Levi Boughton in 1839 is of the Gothic Revival ...
  • Photograph of St. James Anglican Church
    Image       This is a photograph of the front of St. James Anglican Church on Burwell Street in Paris, Ontario. The nave was built of cobblestone by Levi Boughton in 1839. A pointed Gothic window and doorway is visible, as well as the octagonal bell tower. The photograph is dated 1955.
    Image     This is a photograph of the front of St. James Anglican Church on Burwell Street in Paris, Ontario. The nave was built of cobblestone by Levi Boughton in 1839. A ...
  • St. James Anglican Church
    ImageText       St. James Anglican Church, at 8 Burwell St., is a church in Paris which was built in 1838 on land given by Hiram Capron. It is one of the oldest surviving churches in Brant County and will be commemorating its 175th anniversary in 2014. To learn more about the St. ...
    ImageText     St. James Anglican Church, at 8 Burwell St., is a church in Paris which was built in 1838 on land given by Hiram Capron. It is one of the oldest ...
  • Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church
    ImageText       The Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, at 17 Washington St., is a church in Paris. Built in 1857 with a Gothic-style architecture, the church underwent renovations in 1881 and 1912.
    ImageText     The Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, at 17 Washington St., is a church in Paris. Built in 1857 with a Gothic-style architecture, the church underwent renovations in 1881 and 1912.
  • Paris Presbyterian Church
    ImageText       The Paris Presbyterian Chuch, located at 164 Grand River St. N., was built in 1893 after the congregations from the River Street Presbyterian Church and Dumfries Street Presbyterian Church united.
    ImageText     The Paris Presbyterian Chuch, located at 164 Grand River St. N., was built in 1893 after the congregations from the River Street Presbyterian Church and Dumfries Street Presbyterian Church united.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
17901790179117921793179417951796179717981799
18001800180118021803180418051806180718081809
18101810181118121813181418151816181718181819
18201820182118221823182418251826182718281829
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit