County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
345
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • St. James Anglican Church
    ImageText       Building Summary The St. James Anglican Church is the oldest standing church in Paris, Ontario and the oldest cobblestone church in Canada. In the years before the church was built, Paris settler Charles Dickson wrote a letter to his mother residing in Scotland, expressing that Paris was in need of ...
    ImageText     Building Summary The St. James Anglican Church is the oldest standing church in Paris, Ontario and the oldest cobblestone church in Canada. In the years before the church was built, ...
  • Fairfield Plains United Church
    ImageText       Building Summary The Fairfield Plains United Church (originally named Fairfield Methodist Church) is located in the Burford Township. The land was purchased in 1838, with its original intended use to be a burial ground. A frame church was erected in 1839 and this building was sold and removed to be ...
    ImageText     Building Summary The Fairfield Plains United Church (originally named Fairfield Methodist Church) is located in the Burford Township. The land was purchased in 1838, with its original intended use to ...
  • All Saints' Anglican Church
    ImageText       Building Summary All Saints’ Anglican Church is the oldest surviving church building in the village of Mount Pleasant. Typical of Anglican churches of the 1800s, the original congregation consisted mainly of Colonial elites. The architectural style is Gothic-vernacular, as many parishioners of the church helped to build the structure using ...
    ImageText     Building Summary All Saints’ Anglican Church is the oldest surviving church building in the village of Mount Pleasant. Typical of Anglican churches of the 1800s, the original congregation consisted mainly ...
  • Glen Morris United Church
    ImageText       Building Summary The Glen Morris United Church, located on East River Road, was constructed in 1847 on land donated by Samuel Latshaw, the founder of Glen Morris. Construction of the Field Stone church finished in 1849, and the church was officially opened in November of that year. Initially a Presbyterian ...
    ImageText     Building Summary The Glen Morris United Church, located on East River Road, was constructed in 1847 on land donated by Samuel Latshaw, the founder of Glen Morris. Construction of the ...
  • Glen Morris United Church Manse
    ImageText       House Summary The Glen Morris United Church Manse was built starting in 1856 after Samuel Latshaw donated four acres of land to the Glen Morris United Church. The purpose of the Manse was to house the ministers of the church, and the Manse is still a minister’s residency today. Construction ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Glen Morris United Church Manse was built starting in 1856 after Samuel Latshaw donated four acres of land to the Glen Morris United Church. The purpose of ...
  • St. Paul's Anglican Church
    ImageText       Summary St. Paul’s Anglican Church is a rare surviving example of a board-and-batten church in Ontario. Located in Middleport, it was built upon land donated by Robert Wade, the owner of the Middleport General Store. Constructed in 1868, the church has a Gothic steeple with paired lancet windows. The lower ...
    ImageText     Summary St. Paul’s Anglican Church is a rare surviving example of a board-and-batten church in Ontario. Located in Middleport, it was built upon land donated by Robert Wade, the owner ...
  • Second Onondaga Baptist Church
    ImageText       Summary The Second Onondaga Baptist Church was first constructed in 1854 by members of the Baptist community and using timber from Elder Hooper’s woods. Elder Hooper, who immigrated from England to Canada in 1838, would go on to serve as the church’s first minister1. The building is a testament to ...
    ImageText     Summary The Second Onondaga Baptist Church was first constructed in 1854 by members of the Baptist community and using timber from Elder Hooper’s woods. Elder Hooper, who immigrated from England ...
  • Langford Church
    ImageText       Summary The Langford Community Church, located on 1601 Colborne Street E, was constructed in 1868 and was known by many different names. It was first called the Plank Road Church, then in 1924, after joining forces with the United Church of Canada, it became known as Langford United Church. After ...
    ImageText     Summary The Langford Community Church, located on 1601 Colborne Street E, was constructed in 1868 and was known by many different names. It was first called the Plank Road Church, ...
  • Scotland United Church
    ImageText       House Summary The Scotland United Church, located at 10 Church St W, Scotland, was built circa 1850. It was originally known as the Congregational Church and began with the congregation meeting at the local school house in 1835. The Congregational Church was founded by Reverend James Nall. The white frame ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Scotland United Church, located at 10 Church St W, Scotland, was built circa 1850. It was originally known as the Congregational Church and began with the congregation ...
  • Glen Morris United Church Postcard
    Image       This is a postcard with a photograph of the Glen Morris United Church in Glen Morris. The church was originally built in 1849. Because the postcard is labelled "Pres" for Presbyterian, it is presumed the photograph was taken some time before 1925.
    Image     This is a postcard with a photograph of the Glen Morris United Church in Glen Morris. The church was originally built in 1849. Because the postcard is labelled "Pres" for ...
  • Burford United Church
    ImageText       The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was originally located on the southeast corner of Dufferin and William Streets; in 1902, it was moved to King St. & Alexander St. At this time it was also renovated to add a study wing in the west, replacing ...
    ImageText     The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was originally located on the southeast corner of Dufferin and William Streets; in 1902, it was moved to King ...
  • Fire at the King St. Blacksmiths
    ImageTextmysterycomment       Photograph of four boys standing in front of the rubble of the blacksmith's that was located on King St. West. The date of this photograph is unknown.
    ImageTextmysterycomment     Photograph of four boys standing in front of the rubble of the blacksmith's that was located on King St. West. The date of this photograph is unknown.
  • Methodist Church Postcard
    Image       This is a postcard with a photograph of the Methodist Church in St. George. The church was built in 1869 by architect Mr. Turner from Brantford, and builder James Pickering, also from Brantford. Its original location was the current site of the Royal Canadian Legion Br. 605 on Main Street ...
    Image     This is a postcard with a photograph of the Methodist Church in St. George. The church was built in 1869 by architect Mr. Turner from Brantford, and builder James Pickering, ...
  • Salt Springs United Church One Hundred and Tenth Anniversary Programme
    Text       This document is a programme for Salt Springs United Church's one hundred and tenth anniversary from 1933.
    Text     This document is a programme for Salt Springs United Church's one hundred and tenth anniversary from 1933.
  • Main Street in St. George Looking South
    Image       This photograph shows a view of St. George's Main Street, looking southwards.
    Image     This photograph shows a view of St. George's Main Street, looking southwards.
  • Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George
    Image       This photograph depicts the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
  • St. George Baptist Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the St. George Baptist Church located on Beverly Street East in St. George, Ont. The Church was built in 1824. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the St. George Baptist Church located on Beverly Street East in St. George, Ont. The Church was built in 1824. The original photo is held by the ...
  • Paris Plains Church: Side View
    Imagecomment       This photograph depicts a side view of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont. in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. The building was restored in 1948 as a memorial ...
    Imagecomment     This photograph depicts a side view of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont. in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built in 1845 by the free ...
  • Paris Plains Church
    Image       This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built as the West Dumfries Wesleyan Chapel and dedicated in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. It has a cobblestone exterior. ...
    Image     This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built as the West Dumfries Wesleyan Chapel and dedicated in ...
  • Glen Morris United Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the Glen Morris United Church. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the Glen Morris United Church. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
17901790179117921793179417951796179717981799
18001800180118021803180418051806180718081809
18101810181118121813181418151816181718181819
18201820182118221823182418251826182718281829
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit