County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
314
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Main Street in St. George Looking South
    Image       This photograph shows a view of St. George's Main Street, looking southwards.
    Image     This photograph shows a view of St. George's Main Street, looking southwards.
  • St. George Baptist Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the St. George Baptist Church located on Beverly Street East in St. George, Ont. The Church was built in 1824. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the St. George Baptist Church located on Beverly Street East in St. George, Ont. The Church was built in 1824. The original photo is held by the ...
  • Paris Plains Church
    Image       This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built as the West Dumfries Wesleyan Chapel and dedicated in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. It has a cobblestone exterior. ...
    Image     This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built as the West Dumfries Wesleyan Chapel and dedicated in ...
  • St. George United Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the St. George United Church located on Beverly Street in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the St. George United Church located on Beverly Street in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
  • Photo of the United Church in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the Glen Morris United Church. The building was originally erected in 1847. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public ...
    Image     This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the Glen Morris United Church. The building was originally erected in 1847. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was ...
  • New England School in Onondaga
    Image       This is a photograph of the New England School in Onondaga. The picture was taken in 1939. The original picture was provided by Ruth Doherty during a Scan & Share Day event held at the Onondaga Hall on January 14, 2012.
    Image     This is a photograph of the New England School in Onondaga. The picture was taken in 1939. The original picture was provided by Ruth Doherty during a Scan & Share ...
  • Original Onondaga Post Office
    Image       This photograph depicts the original post office of Onondaga Township. The building was also a general store operated by W. O. Soules who served as the first postmaster in 1851-1854. He was succeeded by John C. Swift in 1854, then by William J. Buckwell in 1855. Buckwell continued to be ...
    Image     This photograph depicts the original post office of Onondaga Township. The building was also a general store operated by W. O. Soules who served as the first postmaster in 1851-1854. ...
  • Kelvin S.S. #22
    ImageText       Front: SCHOOL KELVIN ONT Back: KELVIN S.S. #22 LOT #11 CON #14 BUILT 1874 CLOSED JUNE 1961
    ImageText     Front: SCHOOL KELVIN ONT Back: KELVIN S.S. #22 LOT #11 CON #14 BUILT 1874 CLOSED JUNE 1961
  • Burford Canning Factory
    ImageText       Burford Canning Factory PICTURE SHOWS THE FACTORY IN THE MID 1920'S IT'S LOCATION WAS SOUTH AND EAST of THE RAILWAY CROSSING ON MAPLE AVE. SOUTH. LATER A BRICK OFFICE WAS ADDED NEAR THE LOADING RAMP AT THE SIDE. THE FACTORY CLOSED IN THE 1930'S
    ImageText     Burford Canning Factory PICTURE SHOWS THE FACTORY IN THE MID 1920'S IT'S LOCATION WAS SOUTH AND EAST of THE RAILWAY CROSSING ON MAPLE AVE. SOUTH. LATER A BRICK OFFICE WAS ...
  • Township Residents in Front of Harley Store
    ImageText       Residents of the former Burford Township in front of the Harley Store in 1880. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various buildings in Brant County that was contributed by Jim Havens.
    ImageText     Residents of the former Burford Township in front of the Harley Store in 1880. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various buildings in Brant County that ...
  • Brock Miller
    ImageText       BROCK MILLER IN FRONT OF F.A MILLER CORNER STORE - MAPLE AVE AND KING St BURFORD
    ImageText     BROCK MILLER IN FRONT OF F.A MILLER CORNER STORE - MAPLE AVE AND KING St BURFORD
  • Mount Vernon Corner Store
    ImageText       The Mount Vernon Corner Store stood at the corner of Highway 53 and Mill St. in Mount Vernon. It was built in 1832, and taken over by the Townsends in 1850, who operated it as the M.W. Townsend store. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various ...
    ImageText     The Mount Vernon Corner Store stood at the corner of Highway 53 and Mill St. in Mount Vernon. It was built in 1832, and taken over by the Townsends in ...
  • Cathcart S.S. #24
    ImageText       Front: PUBLIC SCHOOL CATHCART ONT Back: CATHCART S.S. #24 LOT #19 CONCESSION #5 BUILT IN 1892 CLOSED IN JUNE 1962
    ImageText     Front: PUBLIC SCHOOL CATHCART ONT Back: CATHCART S.S. #24 LOT #19 CONCESSION #5 BUILT IN 1892 CLOSED IN JUNE 1962
  • F.A. Miller General Store
    ImageText       1855 FRANK ABNER MILLER'S StORE ALSO INSURANCE & REAL ESTATE MANAGED BY FRANK MILLER THIS STORE IS ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER of KING St & MAPLE AVE BURFORD ONT
    ImageText     1855 FRANK ABNER MILLER'S StORE ALSO INSURANCE & REAL ESTATE MANAGED BY FRANK MILLER THIS STORE IS ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER of KING St & MAPLE AVE BURFORD ONT
  • Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George
    Image       This photograph depicts the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in St. George, Ont. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
  • Paris Plains Church: Side View
    Imagecomment       This photograph depicts a side view of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont. in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. The building was restored in 1948 as a memorial ...
    Imagecomment     This photograph depicts a side view of the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont. in the former South Dumfries Township. The Church was built in 1845 by the free ...
  • Glen Morris United Church
    Image       This photograph depicts the Glen Morris United Church. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph depicts the Glen Morris United Church. The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
  • Photo of the Glen Morris School House
    Image       This photograph of the Glen Morris School was taken in 1985. Originally built in 1869, the building was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph of the Glen Morris School was taken in 1985. Originally built in 1869, the building was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt ...
  • Burning Building
    ImageTextmystery       Postcard with a photograph of a burning building on the front. The date the photograph was taken is unknown.
    ImageTextmystery     Postcard with a photograph of a burning building on the front. The date the photograph was taken is unknown.
  • Photograph of the Parking Lot Behind Arlington Hotel
    Image       This is a photograph of the parking lot located behind the Arlington hotel. The join where the brick addition and the original plaster building meet can be seen in the photo. The addition was added by Mr. Eaton circa 1883. The date of the photograph is unknown.
    Image     This is a photograph of the parking lot located behind the Arlington hotel. The join where the brick addition and the original plaster building meet can be seen in the ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
17901790179117921793179417951796179717981799
18001800180118021803180418051806180718081809
18101810181118121813181418151816181718181819
18201820182118221823182418251826182718281829
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit