County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
7
matching items
Decade
1880-1889
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Township Residents in Front of Harley Store
    ImageText       Residents of the former Burford Township in front of the Harley Store in 1880. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various buildings in Brant County that was contributed by Jim Havens.
    ImageText     Residents of the former Burford Township in front of the Harley Store in 1880. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various buildings in Brant County that ...
  • William B. Wood House
    ImageText       House Summary Located in St. George, the William B. Wood house was built in 1880 for local businessman Mr. Thompson. The home was soon after purchased by Snowball Grist Mill owner William Bruce Wood, who served on the South Dumfries and Brant County councils, and at one time was the ...
    ImageText     House Summary Located in St. George, the William B. Wood house was built in 1880 for local businessman Mr. Thompson. The home was soon after purchased by Snowball Grist Mill ...
  • Mount Pleasant United Church Manse
    ImageText       Summary Located in Mount Pleasant, the United Church Manse was built to accompany the new Methodist church now known as the Mount Pleasant United Church. Designed by prominent Brantford architect John Turner and built in 1885, it has plain Georgian styling and repeats some of the architectural details of the ...
    ImageText     Summary Located in Mount Pleasant, the United Church Manse was built to accompany the new Methodist church now known as the Mount Pleasant United Church. Designed by prominent Brantford architect ...
  • Hatchley Public School
    ImageTextmystery       Front: Eggman & Thompson CABINET PHOTO: Norwich, Canada Back: Hatchley Public School
    ImageTextmystery     Front: Eggman & Thompson CABINET PHOTO: Norwich, Canada Back: Hatchley Public School
  • Sunnyside
    ImageText       Summary Constructed in 1888 by Dr. E.E. Kitchen, Sunnyside was built as a show piece with well-kept grounds. This building was the location for the inaugural meeting of the St. George Women’s Institute on January 13th, 1903 and the group continued to meet here until 1920. Beginning in 1957, Sunnyside ...
    ImageText     Summary Constructed in 1888 by Dr. E.E. Kitchen, Sunnyside was built as a show piece with well-kept grounds. This building was the location for the inaugural meeting of the St. ...
  • Bruce's School
    ImageText       Summary Bruce's School was named for James Bruce, a graduate of Dublin University who taught in the County of Brant for ten years. The first schoolhouse was a log cabin on Concession 5 near the Beverly Township line, in David Cope's field about three quarters of a mile east of ...
    ImageText     Summary Bruce's School was named for James Bruce, a graduate of Dublin University who taught in the County of Brant for ten years. The first schoolhouse was a log cabin ...
  • Burford Public School 1886 Class Photo
    ImageTextcomment       Burford Public School Picture taken over 60 years ago Taken 1886 Junior Teacher Miss Annie Horton 1st Row Left to Right 1 ______ 2 Bechtel 3 Cora Stuart 4 Lizzie Hunter 5 Annie Lane 6 Ella Kern 7 Dollie Woodin 8 Amy [Collins] 9 Nettie Cairns 10 Nellie Gillam 11 ...
    ImageTextcomment     Burford Public School Picture taken over 60 years ago Taken 1886 Junior Teacher Miss Annie Horton 1st Row Left to Right 1 ______ 2 Bechtel 3 Cora Stuart 4 Lizzie ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit