County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections

Results

We found
8
matching items
Decade
185 or 1850-185 or 1859
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Jane Capron House
    ImageText       Summary Located in the town of Paris, this house was built by Hiram Capron circa 1857 and is believed to have been built for his daughter Jane Capron1. The house was owned by the Capron family and its descendants from construction until its sale by the Jones family in 19462. ...
    ImageText     Summary Located in the town of Paris, this house was built by Hiram Capron circa 1857 and is believed to have been built for his daughter Jane Capron1. The house ...
  • Don Wills Farm
    ImageText       Summary The Wills house is located in Onondaga Township. Adam Butter, a Scottish immigrant, constructed the home in 1849 with the help of his brothers, and finished construction in 1855. Arches are found on either side of the driveway with the names Frank and Adam Butter inscribed, which were built ...
    ImageText     Summary The Wills house is located in Onondaga Township. Adam Butter, a Scottish immigrant, constructed the home in 1849 with the help of his brothers, and finished construction in 1855. ...
  • F.A. Miller General Store
    ImageText       1855 FRANK ABNER MILLER'S StORE ALSO INSURANCE & REAL ESTATE MANAGED BY FRANK MILLER THIS STORE IS ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER of KING St & MAPLE AVE BURFORD ONT
    ImageText     1855 FRANK ABNER MILLER'S StORE ALSO INSURANCE & REAL ESTATE MANAGED BY FRANK MILLER THIS STORE IS ON THE SOUTH EAST CORNER of KING St & MAPLE AVE BURFORD ONT
  • Second Onondaga Baptist Church
    ImageText       Summary The Second Onondaga Baptist Church was first constructed in 1854 by members of the Baptist community and using timber from Elder Hooper’s woods. Elder Hooper, who immigrated from England to Canada in 1838, would go on to serve as the church’s first minister1. The building is a testament to ...
    ImageText     Summary The Second Onondaga Baptist Church was first constructed in 1854 by members of the Baptist community and using timber from Elder Hooper’s woods. Elder Hooper, who immigrated from England ...
  • Bryce Home
    ImageText       Summary The Bryce home was constructed in 1853 by JR Ellis for the Scottish blacksmith and wagon maker George Bryce on land located in Mount Pleasant. Though it has been modified throughout the years, including a raised roof in a different style than the original and now missing the original ...
    ImageText     Summary The Bryce home was constructed in 1853 by JR Ellis for the Scottish blacksmith and wagon maker George Bryce on land located in Mount Pleasant. Though it has been ...
  • Nixon Homestead
    ImageText       Summary Two miles east of St. George is the Nixon Homestead, built by Charles Nixon in 1853. The house has remained in the family to the present day. Timeline 1853 – Construction Begins Under Charles Nixon, grandfather of Harry C Nixon. 1 1880 – Brick House Built Henry (the oldest ...
    ImageText     Summary Two miles east of St. George is the Nixon Homestead, built by Charles Nixon in 1853. The house has remained in the family to the present day. Timeline 1853 ...
  • Asa Wolverton House
    ImageText       House Summary The Wolverton House is a Greek Revival style house located in Paris. It was built in the early 1850s and is located in what was the earliest residential area in Paris. The house was part of the underground railroad, serving as a destination for former slaves. The site ...
    ImageText     House Summary The Wolverton House is a Greek Revival style house located in Paris. It was built in the early 1850s and is located in what was the earliest residential ...
  • Mount Vernon Corner Store
    ImageText       The Mount Vernon Corner Store stood at the corner of Highway 53 and Mill St. in Mount Vernon. It was built in 1832, and taken over by the Townsends in 1850, who operated it as the M.W. Townsend store. The image is part of a collection of images depicting various ...
    ImageText     The Mount Vernon Corner Store stood at the corner of Highway 53 and Mill St. in Mount Vernon. It was built in 1832, and taken over by the Townsends in ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
Item Types
Years
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit