Auction Booklet for Sale of Hiram Capron’s Estate
- Hart, Henry, Author
- Jones, S.J., Author
- Jones, E. Stewart, Author
- Dickson, S.R., Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is the catalogue covering the sale of Hiram Capron’s estate at auction. It provides descriptions of each numbered lot of land for sale, in addition to the rules of the auction. The auction was held by Henry Hart of Paris and S. J. Jones of Brantford, who are credited in the conditions of sale. This copy of the booklet belonged to the agent E. Stewart Jones, who purchased Lot 80 for $165. The back cover includes handwriting by S.R. Dickson concerning exhibit 4.2.
While Capron died in 1872, and his son William Hiram Capron died in 1875, this sale took place in 1878. This collection also includes a ledger documenting the sales of Capron’s lands from 1848 to 1925, as 1999.2086.01; it is linked to on the right.
- The decree leading to this auction was made in January, 1878, and the booklet may have been prepared then. The auction took place on April 23rd, 1878, while Jones’s handwriting marks his copy as having being filed in May, 1878.
- Date of Publication
- Date Of Event
- 23 Apr. 1878
- Local identifier
- 1999.0412.01.01 - 08
- Hiram Capron Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Paris Museum and Historical Society
Phone: (519) 442-9295
15 Curtis Avenue North
Paris, Ontario, Canada
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Auction Booklet for Sale of Hiram Capron’s Estate, 1878, Hiram Capron Collection, 1999.0412.01.01-08, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON