Handbook of Battalion Drill for Militiamen, 1885
- Slack, Capt. Chas., Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This tiny handbook, which measures 2.75" by 4.1", provides comprehensive training instructions for battalion members. This book is of the type that was widely used by Canadian militiamen for training during the 19th century. It provides both descriptions of procedures and diagrams providing a visual indication of what formations should look like.
The sections in this book are:
Formations of Column from Line
Formations of Line from Column
Formations to Resist Cavalry
Extended Order for Attack
Inspection or Review of a Battalion
This book is provided by Richard Shaver from his personal collection.
- The title page is signed, indicating it belonged to a militiaman named James Adams.
- William Clowes and Sons, Limited
- Place of Publication:
- London, England
- Date of Publication:
- Language of Item:
- Provided by Richard Shaver from his personal collection
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Date:
- Recommended Citation:
- Slack, Capt. Chas. (1885). Handbook of Battalion Drill, also of Extended Order, Inspections, Encampments, Army Signalling, &c. London: William Clowes and Sons. Retrieved from http://images.ourontario.ca/brant/88038/data
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary