Postcard showing Old Scotland Public School, Scotland, Ontario
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- This postcard depicts the old Scotland public school, on Church St. The school depicted was opened November 1, 1867, and used until 1924 when it was replaced with the Scotland Continuation School. The original Public School was moved further back on the property to a new foundation and continued to be used until 1974, when it was torn down to be replaced by a new school.
This photograph was provided by Charles and Margaret Hunter during a Digitization Day event held by the County of Brant Public Library. Do you have any historical items and are interested in helping preserve our county's history online? Contact the library at (519) 442-2433 for more information.
- This postcard is a divided back postcard with a postal rate listed of 1 cent, which indicates it was printed between 1903 and 1914.
- Public School, Scotland, Ont.
- Stedman Bros.
- Place of Publication:
- Brantford, Ontario
- Date of Original:
- [1903 - 1914]
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Provided by Charles and Margaret Hunter
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Scotland Old Public School, [1903 - 1914], Charles and Margaret Hunter personal collection
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary