Herons and Cobblestones: A History of Five Oaks and the Bethel Area of Brantford Township, County of Brant
- Farquharson, Jean, Editor
- Grand River Heritage Mines Society, Contributor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This 2003 book was created by the Grand River Heritage Mines Society in celebration of its tenth anniversary. It documents the history of the Five Oaks and Bethel areas of Brantford Township both before and after European settlement, including documentation of the area's numerous mines. One chapter is devoted to the gypsum mines in the Paris area, at one time a major industry.
You can search for text inside this book! Just type the word or words you want to search for in the "search within pages" text box at the top of this page.
This book can be downloaded as an Adobe Acrobat Reader .PDF file! Click on the link underneath the picture to the right. Please note that the PDF is 11MB and may take some time to download.
- The Grand River Heritage Mines Society
- Place of Publication
- Paris, Ontario
- p. 97 pages
- Date of Publication
- May 2003
- Local identifier
- 971.347 Her
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1334 Longitude: -80.26636
- Provided by the Grand River Heritage Mines Society.
- Grand River Heritage Mines SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street