Mrs. Jas. Biggar & Mrs. Geo. Houlding Driving to Women's Institute Meeting, c. 1900
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph shows Mrs. Jas. Biggar (driving) and Mrs. Geo. Houlding on their way to a Women's Institute meeting sometime in the early 1900s. Mrs. Houlding was the first president of the Institute; the Mount Pleasant Women's Institute was founded 1903. This photograph was printed on page 218 of The Work of Our Hands by Sharon Jaeger. It was provided by Linda Guest, and originally donated by Mrs. L. Houlding.
- The photographic paper is a glossy print that strongly resembles Kodak Velox paper, but is missing the usual distinctive "VELOX" watermark on the back. It could possibly be an early, pre-1920s print.
- Date of Original
- [ca. early 1900s]
Width: 14.8 cm
Height: 8.9 cm
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0834 Longitude: -80.31637
- Photograph provided by Linda Guest
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary